Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: timing question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I have read to disconnect "all" vac lines when timing the 2.0. Mine is a 76 and the vac opening on the dist dash pot is blocked off while the one from the base of the dist to the throttle body tap is connected. Is this the only one I need to block off in order to time. Or should I disconnect all vac lines anyway? The reason I ask is she don't run so good when the vac line to the MPS is pulled.
srb7f
To clarify, all the vac lines to the distributor advance only. Should only be one for you.

QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 16 2009, 12:03 PM) *

I have read to disconnect "all" vac lines when timing the 2.0. Mine is a 76 and the vac opening on the dist dash pot is blocked off while the one from the base of the dist to the throttle body tap is connected. Is this the only one I need to block off in order to time. Or should I disconnect all vac lines anyway? The reason I ask is she don't run so good when the vac line to the MPS is pulled.
76-914
QUOTE(srb7f @ Aug 16 2009, 03:04 PM) *

To clarify, all the vac lines to the distributor advance only. Should only be one for you.

QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 16 2009, 12:03 PM) *

a thousand thank you's. piratenanner.gif
1988Hawk

On a 76 the advance is not connected to anything, but the retard needs to be disconnected to time.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.