Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 914GT 3.2 6 cyl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tjkrueger
This 1973 Porsche 914 was built in 2003 by Fordahl Motorsports, who is well known for their 914 6 cylinder conversions. I purchased it off of the person it was built for. The information below was provided to me by the previous owner and updated with a few items that I had done. I was also given the receipt from Fordahl for over $49,000 worth of upgrades and modifications from when the car was built, which did not include the cost of the original car. Now it can be purchased for a fraction of what it cost to build. asking $22,500 or best offer. It is located in the Detroit, Michigan area. The specs are as follows:

Body:
Started with a rust free 1973
M474 fender flares in composite and flared rocker panels
Painted Arctic Blue
Fully welded chassis stiffening kit
Front valence modified for oil cooler
Rear valence modified for dual exhaust
The finished product weighed 2,300 lbs

Chassis, front:
'89 911 hubs, vented rotors, bearings
22mm front hollow torsion bars

Delrin front control arm bushings
JRZ 12-way adjustable front struts (rebuilt in ‘08 by TCP Racing)
Monoball upper strut mounts w/ camber plates
TRG 24mm adj. front swaybar
12mm steering rack spacers
2003 Boxster monoblock calipers
SS brake lines
19mm brake master cylinder

Chassis, rear:
Boxed rear control arms
225lb rear springs
JRZ 12-way rear dampers on invert mounted custom hardware
Modified stock rear swaybar
2003 Boxster monoblock calipers
SS brake lines

Engine:
'85 Carrera 3.2 with new bearings, seals, rings, valves, valve guides, return tubes, valve grind, cams, fuel pressure regulator, cylinder head temperature sensor, estimated at 230-250 HP.
Front mount 914/6 style 60 row auxiliary oil cooler and 3.2 oil cooler on engine
Euro DME w/ performance chip (91 octane)
K&N cone filter on adapter
MSDS 1 5/8 headers, cermachrome coated and a Flowmaster Custom muffler, titanium coated
Troutman oil cooler, thermostat 180 deg.

Transmission:
915 gearbox rebuilt by Patrick Motorsports and installed in ‘07
Quaife Limited Slip Differential
New bearings, synchros, sliders
915 WEVO Mid-engine Tail-shift System
New Clutch & light weight flywheel in ‘07

Unsprung weight:
Fikse FM10 forged modular 3pc wheels (9" x 17")
245/50ZR17 Hoosier R6 tires

Interior:
Ultra Shield race seats
G-Force Pro Series racing harnesses (5 point) good through 2013
MOMO suede steering wheel
Door panels recovered to RSR style

Please call or email questions prior to bidding. Copies of receipts or additional pictures are available upon request. The mileage listed is the mileage showing on the speedometer and the actual mileage is unknown. The speedometer has not worked since the 915 transmission was installed. It would need an electronic speedometer installed instead of the current mechanical one in order for the speedometer to work. I believe that a 911SC speedometer will work.

This car is a blast to drive and is street legal. The reason for selling this is that I have purchased a Cayman S to replace this as my track car. There are not any current issues with the car and pre-purchase inspections are welcomed at buyers expense. More pictures available upon request, just let me know what you'd like a picture of.

Contact information: 313-570-2223 or tjkrueger@hotmail.com
PeeGreen 914
For any interested I have seen this car first hand and will vouch for the quality of the build. The car screams when the right driver is behind the wheel. I use to drool over this car back when it was in the NW.
JRust
Hey I just bought a Powerball ticket. If things go according to play I'll have the money tommorow lol-2.gif

Seriously a beautiful car & a good price. If I could afford it I would be all over it.
I'll keep my fingers crossed too
PeeGreen 914
You could tell you wife this will be your end all of the junk 914s beerchug.gif . This is one of the nicest 914s I have ever laid eyes on and for those that have seen my car and all the other NW 914s that is saying something.

Come on Jamie poke.gif This could be you sweet AutoX sleeper aktion035.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 19 2009, 06:31 PM) *

For any interested I have seen this car first hand and will vouch for the quality of the build. The car screams when the right driver is behind the wheel. I use to drool over this car back when it was in the NW.

Hey Guys,

I know the current owner (Tom K) and he is an honest stand up guy. You will have no problem working with him.

That's a lot of 914 for the money!!! flag.gif

Tom
Justinp71
agree.gif That is alot of 914 for the money.

drooley.gif
tjkrueger
bump
JRust
Man I want this car! Bump for a beauty at a great price biggrin.gif Maybe santa will surprise me for x-mas blink.gif
siverson
Nice car. It looks like it may have 16"s in the front and 17"s in the rear. Or is that just an illusion?

-Steve
tjkrueger
It had all 17's
IT'S SOLD!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.