Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: American Car Help Sites
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
So..... While doing my 914, I inherited a 1960 Thunderbird. It's in pretty good condition, but being 21 and new to cars in general, I'm running around in the dark.

Anyone have a recommendation for good American car sites?

Of course, it's easy to find them, but I'm looking for good ones similar to here.
rick 918-S
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/index.php?

If you keep it traditional.

And BTW: thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
tat2dphreak
early t-birds are sweet cars biggrin.gif good luck, and post pics here too!
RiqueMar
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 18 2009, 07:41 PM) *

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/index.php?

If you keep it traditional.

And BTW: thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

AgH! What a newbie mistake for me not to post a pic!

I think I have 2 pic's and more will come tomorrow. Maybe a 2nd resto thread is in order?
RiqueMar
A little about the car...

Grandfather bought the car in 65, he was the second owner after he bought it from a Preacher in San Pedro (part of LA) and he had it until about a year ago when he decided to pass it to me. Car has been a CA car for a long time and is ok.

Unfortunately for me, Grandpa was a pretty bad PO, having "touched up" the paint by getting it color matched at the local Home Depot. Between that, plenty of velcro to hold stuff on to the zip ties he used to hold it on in the first place, the car needs alot of TLC.

Good sides: The car is matching numbers; engine, body, tranny. Also, it has all original interior in good condition, just needs a little fix up on the doors. All parts are there and work, so I think I can drive and work on this once the 914 is running.

Job 1 is rebuilding the carb and getting the ignition fixed. This Friday is Cars on Grand in Escondido and I hope to take it out there.

Some pictures....

IPB Image
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.