Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission Fluid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
silverteener

I was wondering what transmission fluid you guys use. I need to go pick some up today

beerchug.gif
SirAndy
popcorn[1].gif

I've been using Swepco 201 for years with very good results.
shades.gif Andy
Cap'n Krusty
Any good quality straight GL5 90 weight , or 80-90, or something close, will work. Use of ANY additive is not permitted. NO GL4, no one-size-fits-all, no GL4/GL5, NOTHING but GL5! Use of synthetics is fine, but the product you use MUST meet GL5 specs. If you choose to join the "Swepco cult", that's fine, but it's expensive. You'll need 5.5 pints, and the tranny is filled with the car close to level. Tranny oil doesn't "wear out", so unless you've drained it for some other reason (like checking the drain plug magnet for junk), you don't have to change it regularly.

The Cap'n
silverteener
I had to change the gasket at the rear. I couldn't find one around so I just made a gasket instead. I was looking at the Swepco stuff that it is expensive. I was hoping to find something cheaper. Thanks for the advice!
Drums66
Redline....can be had at VW shops if you can't
find it anywhere else....I use it and like it!!

P.S....but, it is expensive also. idea.gif smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.