lotus_65
hey guys-

i'm starting to get a pretty bad shudder when i pull away, mostly
when the car's cold. once it warms up it goes away except when
hot it almost groans (slips?).

mechanically, the gearbox works good and i don't get any
negative feedback from it-

it feels like the clutch--- right?

is there an adjustment to try, or is it toast?

thefleur
Ian Stott
My experience tells me what you are feeling is almost always clutch, do you know how many miles are on it? If you opt for a new clutch I bought the 911 6 spring and matched pressure plate from Jake Raby and boy is it smooth.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
6freak
try ajustment first...mite get a little more out of it
iamchappy
Could also be some contamination or bedding in if you used an old clutch with different flywheel or pressure plate.
rick 918-S
First check the mounts. You may have a bad or loose mount. Then check to see if you have oil leaking and getting onto the clutch. Are you using the same clutch that came with the used engine? It could be shot from age or the pressure plate could be dead from rust from sitting in the field for many years.
McMark
Yup, look at motor/transmission mounts. Apply lifting pressure to the motor with a floor jack, and see if it separates from the mount bar.
lotus_65
thanks guys.

i don't know the miles, the engine's in pretty sorry shape compression-wise, but the gearbox is schweet. I have a sachs/flywheel combo from my 2056 raby that i could throw in there-

the mounts are tight, that was the first thing i checked-

rick, it is the whole drive train from that car we got. clutch, (resurfaced) flywheel, the whole works. chappy and i agreed it looked ok when we put it back together.

i'll check for oil leaks. how can i tell if oil's getting on the pressure plate without pulling it?

paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.