Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Relay Problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaymann
Hi all:I am new here.I have a fuel relay problem.I have a 1975 porsche 914 1.8 L F.I. 4 CYL. THE OLD RELAY IS PART# 022 906 059. The new relay is part # 071906059AO.E.M.IT DOES NOT FITT THE FUEL CONN.My fuel conn is black and the comp conn is white.The new connector is a 13 pin,the old was only 11 pin.The fuel side will not fitt the connector.Is this a bastrd conn or the wrong relay???They claim it is right; but I looked up the part and it says its for a CA vanagan can this be modified to work???I need some good advice Jason
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Jaymann @ Aug 20 2009, 11:03 AM) *

Hi all:I am new here.I have a fuel relay problem.I have a 1975 porsche 914 1.8 L F.I. 4 CYL. THE OLD RELAY IS PART# 022 906 059. The new relay is part # 071906059AO.E.M.IT DOES NOT FITT THE FUEL CONN.My fuel conn is black and the comp conn is white.The new connector is a 13 pin,the old was only 11 pin.The fuel side will not fitt the connector.Is this a bastrd conn or the wrong relay???They claim it is right; but I looked up the part and it says its for a CA vanagan can this be modified to work???I need some good advice Jason

part number mix up in the bosch book. Typical. Just like the sr 17x vs sr 15x starter mixup.
Drums66
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 20 2009, 11:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Jaymann @ Aug 20 2009, 11:03 AM) *

part number mix up in the bosch book. Typical. Just like the sr 17x vs sr 15x starter mixup.

Exactly..........probably gave you one for a 74'' same thing happen's
for AFM's 6 and 7 pin...........Later! idea.gif
Jaymann
Here are some clues,help me solve the mystery.Here are some pics of the connectors, and the new and old relay.Is this fuel connector oddball???I actully got this old relay to work,after some mcivor action and alot of contact cleaner.And it fits the connector.I also searched 35 years of the vehicle history and there is no metion of any replacement of the relay or conn.The company I BOUGHT the relay from says its right, go ahead and jump it out ,and see if you have function.This seems like a bad idea to me.I find it hard to believe after seeing the vehicle histry book,that includes the original bill of sale and the window sticker.Plus all service records, that this was forgotten. But anything is possible Jason
Jaymann
sorry I tryed to load up some pics
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.