Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another Throttle body question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
good morning everyone...
I want to thank Rod again for helping me (again) and giving me a throttle body... If that isn't above an beyond I don't know what is...

so the TB with TPS arrived in the mail last night.
the actual question part is:

this must have been from an earlier 74 car as it has the 2 differences... vacuum ports and less complicated spring on the throttle shaft...

Well I figure the throttle spring is a no brainer and I'll just hook up the TB with a heavier primary spring..

On the Vacuum ports how this sound; plug one of them on the TB, and hook the 2nd one up to the distributor extra port that was left open on the motor previously....

will this plan work?
have a good day all.
brant
Bleyseng
nope, the larger one goes to the retard on the dizzy (kinda underneath it) and the other goes to the small port on the vacuum can on the dizzy.
You have a early 73 2.0L Throttle body that my local AX techs dont like cuz it doesnt have two springs. Add a second spring so if one breaks the sucker doesn't rpm to 6500 rpms on you.

Geoff
Dave_Darling
Use the same return spring. The second one was there just in case the first one broke.

Hook up the advance fitting on the throttle body to the advance fitting on the distributor dashpot. You may notice a little better throttle response, and possibly slightly better highway fuel economy.

It should work just fine!

--DD
brant
thanks again geoff and dave...

so my late style plenum has one vacum line to the dizzy already which it sounds like is for retard (correct?)

and I'll hook up the advance then and plug the extra port.

I never wanted to learn all of this FI stuff... but I guess I'm going to have to.

brant
Dave_Darling
Both the advance and the retard vacuum should come from the throttle body. The one on the back side (toward the flywheel of the engine) of the throttle body is the retard, and gets hooked up to the fitting on the distributor dashpot that points back toward the distributor body. The fitting on the TB that points forward and to the right is the advance fitting, and should be plumbed to the fitting on the distributor dashpot that points away from the distributor body.

Other lines going to the distributor should be removed.

If you only have the one fitting on the throttle body (that would be odd for an early 73 TB like this), leave the advance fitting on the distributor not connected to anything. Don't plug it, either--just run a hose down out of sight somewhere.

--DD
Bleyseng
Here is the pic of the hose routing. Look at the two hoses on the TB and the dizzy

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.