Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Conversion Engine Grille Badges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
silver six
Trolling the PP 911 board I found a guy who is making and selling conversion engine grille badges. So if you have a transplant 2.4, 2.7, 3.0, 3.2, or larger engine this guy will sell you the numerical badge. I think its cool.

Here's the thread: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=101522

Douglas
MarkV
Badges, we don't need no stinking badges.

Sorry couldn't resist. mueba.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(MarkV @ Apr 2 2003, 03:07 PM)
Badges, we don't need no stinking badges.

I've heard this quote about a thousand times in my life. Can anyone tell me where it's from? confused24.gif
MarkV
I saw it first in the Mel Brooks movie "Blazing Saddles".

I was told years later that it is a line from an old 1950's western. I can't remember what western though.
vortrex
I think those look pretty nice.

google says the original movie is "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" (1948) and the exact quote is "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges."
Bleyseng
It's a Humphrey Bogart movie!!! Yikes, you guys are making me feel old. He is bringing all this gold dust on these mules and he gets held up by these desperados for the mules and stuff. They dump the heavy sacks of sand (gold dust) onto the ground.
Good movie, you should watch it as it is really about human greed. I have worked at a gold mine and seen how it takes over some people!
Geoff
airsix
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 2 2003, 04:09 PM)
It's a Humphrey Bogart movie!!! Yikes, you guys are making me feel old. He is bringing all this gold dust on these mules and he gets held up by these desperados for the mules and stuff. They dump the heavy sacks of sand (gold dust) onto the ground.
Good movie, you should watch it as it is really about human greed. I have worked at a gold mine and seen how it takes over some people!
Geoff

Actually they were "Banditos" trying to impersonate "Federale's". Bogart says "If you're the Federales where are your badges?" This type of remark tends to piss off banditos. I don't recommend using such inflamatory language unless you are from Texas/Idaho/Wyoming/Mondana in which case you will already have removed your hat with one hand in order to hide the drawing of your pistol with the other. ar15.gif

-Ben M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.