Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 Mercedes 280C...Washington DC area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
JmuRiz
1974 Mercedes 280C, W114 Chassis

I'd like to sell off my Mercedes 280C project to free up $ and space to finish my neglected 914 6 conversion project.

I'm selling for 50-cents on the dollar of what I have already spent on the car, just hoping it can go to someone that can finish the updates and enjoy the car.

I've actually put in ~$1k in parts since my last posting, so here are the new details:

1974 Mercedes 280C, W114 Chassis
$3,500 Firm

We are the 2nd owner of this car. We have two antique cars that need restoring and we do not have the time to give this Mercedes the full attention it deserves. Looking for an owner who can keep it in a garage and do a full or partial restore to enjoy. Please call 703-531-1810 to schedule a time to see the car in person.

Details:
- Unknown miles, no record of how many times the odometer has rolled, shows 16,500.
- Engine is the M110 engine with a 4-barrel Solex 4A1 (basically a Quadrajet carb) US engine, 145HP. Runs OK as-is. With a tune-up it would be great.
- Original interior (could use new floor mats) in OK condition.
- Repainted about 2 years before being put into storage 10 years ago, paint looks good.
- Due to being in storage for years, it will need some new weatherstripping and rubber parts, change of all fluids (transmission, rear diff etc.)
- New set of Aluminum wheels from a 240D (hubcaps still on car) and new tires...including spare. Resulted in a loss of 60 lbs of weight from the car!!!
- Brand new tires with maybe 50-miles on them.
- Have a FULL set of Factory service manuals (for the car and for the engine)
- New-ish car cover

New uninstalled parts included to help finish project:
-Brand new re-cored radiator
-Holley 4brl carb upgrade
-Full report from HBL Mercedes on all items that need attention (Total parts costs: $887)
* I can provide a spread-sheet of the items in need replacement (wear items) if interested. *

Also available Euro spec CIS injected M110 engine (185hp) with good compression if you want to do as I planned and make it a autobahn-type cruiser (I was going to install megasquirt and crank-fire ignition).
JmuRiz
Bump
Gint
Hey Nathan! That would make such a killer DD! I'd love to have a coupe. I can't buy at this time, but I'd sure like to see pics of the interior and the 14" alloys you put on it.
crash914
drool.....I love those cars...

best running car I ever had was a 450 slc. body just rusted away...
JmuRiz
If you thought the exterior was green, check out the interior:
BTW, sorry for the LAME floormats in the front seat picture, I for some reason had the stock units out...maybe to clean:

Also, here's a picture of what the wheels are like...on the car they look exactly the same as the pictures with the hubcaps, just the bonus of saving 60lbs!
JmuRiz
Bump....it's still for sale :-)
I've added some more recent pictures.
JmuRiz
Here's a blast from the past, still trying to sell this off so I can finish the 914 6 conversion project.

I've put in $1k in new parts (re-cored radiator, and a new Holley 4-brl carb upgrade)...but I'm willing to sell it for 50-cents on the dollar to what I have in it.

See first post for newest details.
bfrymire
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Sep 10 2012, 10:55 AM) *

Here's a blast from the past, still trying to sell this off so I can finish the 914 6 conversion project.

I've put in $1k in new parts (re-cored radiator, and a new Holley 4-brl carb upgrade)...but I'm willing to sell it for 50-cents on the dollar to what I have in it.

See first post for newest details.

how much for the euro motor?

--brett
scotty b
Does the 3500.00 include the euro engine ?

How is the a.c. ?

Any interest in a trade for some body or paint work on the other car(s) ?
JmuRiz
Sent a PM to both, thanks again for the interest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.