Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone recognize theis 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
I got an original six from Colorado in the shop to work on. Just wondered if someone here sold it.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Sorry for the crappy camera phone picts!

Last photo shows the 3 914s I have in the shop right now. Just put brand new CV joints (yes they stock BRAND NEW CV joints for 914s at Zims) into the Red one, fixed the shift linkage on the yellow one, and the black one is the six. It has a number of small problems that I am fixing.

Not bad for a part time employee.
carr914
The flares are certainly different

T.C.
Sleepin
Not one that I recognize. I can give you a return delivery address though, if you need one! wink.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 21 2009, 04:39 PM) *

Not one that I recognize. I can give you a return delivery address though, if you need one! wink.gif

No can do.... it's not my car. I am just fixing the DAPO screwups for the new owner.

Someone in this poor car's past stuck 50mm PMO carbs on a stock 914-6 motor. The poor thing is drowning, and has one hellatious flat spot off idle. New 40mm PMO carbs have been ordered for it.

Cupomeat
Hey if 40mm is good, 50mm must be better, lol-2.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Aug 21 2009, 05:10 PM) *

Hey if 40mm is good, 50mm must be better, lol-2.gif

Not when it is idling in the shop and you can't breathe from all the unburned hydrocarbons coming out of the exhaust.

I just thought about it.. we should put a spark plug in the exhaust... it would make INTERESTING flames........... screwy.gif idea.gif happy11.gif
Zundfolge
WTF.gif

Why does it have a different plate on the front?

Looks like a standard plate on the front and a Collector Car plate on the back.

That sure seems fishy (fishy enough that I wouldn't want to have to explain it to one of Denver's "finest" at the side of the road).
Slider
Maybe the front is registered as a 914 and the back is registered as a 911.....

lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Ferg
Damn, I missed one hissyfit.gif

Sorry Don't know it.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ Aug 21 2009, 05:14 PM) *

WTF.gif

Why does it have a different plate on the front?

Looks like a standard plate on the front and a Collector Car plate on the back.

That sure seems fishy (fishy enough that I wouldn't want to have to explain it to one of Denver's "finest" at the side of the road).

The rear is a collector plate, and it left Colorado for Texas. We just got a state inspection done so the new owner could transfer the title to Texas. Denver's finest will not see it again.....

Gint
They all come back around...laugh.gif

Never seen it before. I'd remember those flares.
Gustl
Does anyone recognize theis 914-6, Original six from Colorado.

tell me the VIN and I'll check my files smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 21 2009, 01:37 PM) *

The flares are certainly different

T.C.

Except for Clay's use of Andy's old camera biggrin.gif , I would say those are SC flares. Same as were on Gwen's car before she sold it...
MDG
Funny, I was just looking at pics of a black 914-6 with a similar flare treatment. It belongs to a member here (flat'n race); he bought it and shipped it home to France. I believe he then removed the flares and replaced with proper GTs

Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
Don't know where my Brian Long book went, but with 7Rs, a pair of proper bumpers, and a ride-height adjust this car would look an awful lot like the factory 914-6R prototype...

The flares look so close to what I remember on that car that I'd sure like to know the VIN, too.

pete
Katmanken
Clay...

Riddle me this....

Why does the right yellow car in the trio picture look gi-normous????

Is that yellow car a Texas mobile as in everything's bigger in Texas????

Is the center one a 3/4 sized car??

Whats up????
Ferg
Camera phone itty bitty lense, fish eye effect is my guess.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(kwales @ Aug 22 2009, 04:47 PM) *

Clay...

Riddle me this....

Why does the right yellow car in the trio picture look gi-normous????

Is that yellow car a Texas mobile as in everything's bigger in Texas????

Whats up????

Crappy camera phone......
MDG
QUOTE(kwales @ Aug 22 2009, 05:47 PM) *

It looks like when that little red one pulled up to park, it took one look at that honkin' yellow thing and promptly wet itself.

Click to view attachment
MDG
I seem to recall seeing a thread quite a while ago - maybe here, maybe the Bird board - of a guy using Golf flares that came out looking a lot like the ones in Clays' pics.
horizontally-opposed
popcorn[1].gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(MDG @ Aug 22 2009, 04:45 PM) *

I seem to recall seeing a thread quite a while ago - maybe here, maybe the Bird board - of a guy using Golf flares that came out looking a lot like the ones in Clays' pics.

Rabbit Flares are much smaller. Do a search here for Jason (SilverBullet), he's the one with the rabbit flares on his 914.

MDG
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 24 2009, 05:33 PM) *

Rabbit Flares are much smaller. Do a search here for Jason

I did the search and see what you mean about the VW flares. I also stumbled across this pic of Gwen's car Rob mentioned

Click to view attachment
bandjoey
If they're still there tomorrow and you want some good pix, let me know and I'll stop by and photo blast both. That yellow car looks almost new, with big chrome moon hubcaps. betty914.jpg (Clay, is this really Betty?) Both sharp looking cars. Bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.