Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear emblem question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
I bought my 75 chassis as a roller with no engine/tranny. The car didn't come with any rear emblems but there are 4 holes in the rear trunk wall where they originally were mounted. I'm guessing there were two emblems originally ? One that said " 914 " and the other that said " 2.0 " ? So if that is accurate will any 914 emblem fit? And I've installed a 3.0 is there anyone that makes custom nameplates ? My project is getting close enough to completion where I can start sweating these kinds of details ! biggrin.gif
MDG
The 914 emblem is interchangeable between years; a '75 could have had a 1.8 or 2.0 and I'm not sure if the post position is the same between them.

There was a guy making different displacement emblems a couple of years ago; I think it was on the Pelican board. Not sure if he's still doing it but he had 3.0, 3.2, 3.6 . . . .
914Sixer
Original pieces were PLASTIC on 74-75. 76 was just a decal. Put them on one time and they will break off at the post. Best to see if you can find the metal version for 73.
ConeDodger
Another option...

McMark makes a vinyl rear emblem that says 914 2.0. No reason he couldn't change the program and make it 914 3.0...
Cevan
QUOTE(MDG @ Aug 22 2009, 09:23 AM) *

The 914 emblem is interchangeable between years; a '75 could have had a 1.8 or 2.0 and I'm not sure if the post position is the same between them.

Yes, they are interchangable. I put aluminum "914" and "2.0" on my '75 1.8 (it has a 2.0 now).
rfuerst911sc
Thanks guys this helps. Guess I'll post a WTB in the classifieds for a " 914" in aluminum and go from there. beerchug.gif
carr914
Rick, I have a 914 emblem, maybe a 0, butt not the 3

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.