Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick timing/advance question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Just did a tune up to stock specs 2.0 Djet.

Runs good, but I think I can do a little better. I live at 5500 ft elevation., all my driving goes higher.

I want to run a few degree's of advance.

Turn the dizzy clockwise for advance right????

I just have a inductive light, how far out of the notch would I want my red mark for a couple of degrees??? Pencil width, more less?

TIA

Ferg
tod914
counter clockwise. You'll hear the rpm's increase. Ferg on the Pelican site is a template if you can't offset your timing light. If you can offset your timing light, you'll be able to do it that way instead of the templete. 30 degrees instead of the 27 and use the zero mark on the fan (should be white instead of the red 27 mark).
Ferg
thanks, forgot all about that template. that will help.
Gint
Or you can come over here and borrow my timing light so you know you've only advanced it a few degrees. Here at altitude you can almost always add a few degrees of advance. Been doing it for years. That's why I bought a adjustable timing light.
Ferg
Thanks Mike,

I think I got it, seems spot on now, just a tad advanced. Next time I'm over I'll check it with your light.
SLITS
52.5 mm to the right of the TDC mark is 27 degrees. You can divide and figure out how many degrees/mm and make a new mark.
Gint
Did you use a pile of rocks to do that math Gramps? Life before tools... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.