Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line 1975 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
I just did a search on this to figure out the hose sizes and best I can tell there are two or three different size hoses under the tank??? dry.gif One from the tank to the filter, one from the filter to the pump, and at least one more size???

What are the appropriate sizes and lengths? blink.gif
76-914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 22 2009, 05:14 PM) *

I just did a search on this to figure out the hose sizes and best I can tell there are two or three different size hoses under the tank??? dry.gif One from the tank to the filter, one from the filter to the pump, and at least one more size???

That threw me, too. I finally ordered the "kit" from AA. And do you know what? I still don't know because I got hoses and clamps I didn't need. But good to their word they corrected the order quickly. I remember that the fuel filter has 2 sizes (7 & 12mm?) I went out to the garage to check the left overs but they are now mixed w/ others so no help here. Sorry.
burton73
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 22 2009, 05:47 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 22 2009, 05:14 PM) *

That threw me, too. I finally ordered the "kit" from AA. And do you know what? I still don't know because I got hoses and clamps I didn't need. But good to their word they corrected the order quickly. I remember that the fuel filter has 2 sizes (7 & 12mm?) I went out to the garage to check the left overs but they are now mixed w/ others so no help here. Sorry.

Clay will know

Bob
detoxcowboy
this is what you need cut to fit so it does not bind closed when you put the tank in.. if you pull the tank you can do a bit of measuring but leave the hoses off the tank nipples longer than you will need then cut them to fit from underneath after tank is re installed.. the tapered hose is for the filter to pump (also need to be trimmed a bit).. pelican parts..

N-020-281-1-M5021 7mm ID, 13mm OD, (quantity as needed, priced per meter)
Brand: Contitech - Porsche [More Info]

$10.75
13-31-1-469-781-M149 Fuel Hose, (8mm ID, 13mm OD) High Pressure, Priced Per Meter, As Needed
Brand: Veritas [More Info]

$9.75

914-356-525-00-M100 Tapered Fuel Hose For Connection at Fuel Filter, 914 1.7/1.8/2.0 (1970-74), Each [More Info]
Brand: Genuine Porsche
Fuel Filters
[view in catalog] $23.00
Dave_Darling
Do the late cars need that third "tapered" hose? I thought that was only for 70-74 cars that didn't switch to the "big-little" fuel filter.

--DD
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 22 2009, 06:57 PM) *

Do the late cars need that third "tapered" hose? I thought that was only for 70-74 cars that didn't switch to the "big-little" fuel filter.

--DD

I would trust Dave here as I am only refering to my experience with a '74..
SLITS
'69 thru '74 used 8mm supply and 7mm return

'75 - '76 used 7mm for both + a third small line for a vent to the charcoal canister in the engine compartment.

For the "special hose" from the tank fitting/filter to the late fuel pump, I used a nylon hose barb reducer ($2.50) .... I thinkl it was 5/16" X 3/8" (been a while) and bought a 3/8" X 3/8" fuel filter.

That has been my experience ................
rjames
I got this info from Dave a couple of years back:

7 mm ID Fuel Hose 74 inches
7 mm ID High Pressure 87 inches
Fuel Hose
(that's a total of 161 inches of high pressure 7mm ID hose; better not to have to keep track of two different types!)
12 mm ID Fuel Hose 17 inches

BTW, I wished I had ordered another couple of feet of the 7mm stuff for under the tank. I also used high pressure line for all of it. The 12mm is for the piece that goes between the filter and the pump. While you don't need to use High Pressure line for this piece, I opted to. However, the only place I could locate it was through Captain Krusty
jcd914
I was just dealing with tank hoses yesterday (well I started). Rob and I talked about it at the reunion. I took the fittings from my 73 tank to FLAPS and asked for fuel hose that fit. I got hose marked as: 3/8" (9.5mm) and 5/16" (7.9mm). So just now I took my caliper and went out and measured the tank fittings and the metal ends of the plastic lines going into the tunnel. OD of 73 tank fittings 8mm & 10mm, OD of 73 tunnel lines 8mm & 10mm and OD of 76 tank fittings 8mm & 8mm. I don't have a 76 car to go with the 76 tank I have but I do have a 76 fuel pump and it measures 12mm OD for the inlet nipple.
So you need to go from 8mm outlet on your tank to a 12mm inlet on the fuel pump and you can get there by using a the filter with small inlet large outlet if you can find one or by using a tapered hose or stepped fitting. You probably need 3 feet of hose between the tank outlet and the fuel pump to get smooth bends and room to change the filter/pump from the trunk opening.
Since you are planning an after market FI down the road you can probably get a pump that has an inlet nipple that matches your tank outlet.

Good luck
Jim

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.