Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 rear brake ? adapted to 944 or ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
superproduction 914
Does anyone know who makes a rear brake caliper adapter for 914 to a 944 caliper? scca1_stmod@yahoo.com thanks, phil
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(superproduction 914 @ Aug 22 2009, 10:25 PM) *

Does anyone know who makes a rear brake caliper adapter for 914 to a 944 caliper? scca1_stmod@yahoo.com thanks, phil

The 944 turbo calipers cannot be fitted to a 914 rear trailing arm without cutting the mounting tab off and welding on one that has the proper bolt pattern and spacing. BTDT.

For ease of mounting, I recommend Boxster calipers. Those can be bolted on with an adapter block.
degreeoff
I have no idea..... but I always wanted to be first to say.....

welcome.png

aktion035.gif
iamchappy
Here are some pictures of my 951 calipers and how there mounted with
a welded on piece of heavy bar steel.
iamchappy
another
degreeoff
chappy you have the sweetest garage door I have ever seen. I would have broken it many times over by now....but thats me.
iamchappy
My wife breaks it all the time, just last week she left the Bat Cave without opening the door.....she took out the bottom 2 panels. In the past she usually clips it when it's on
the way up. If there is anything behind her when she leaves it is going to get hit or run
over, i am so afraid she is going to run over one of the dogs someday, she never listens to me about that stuff. Years ago i warned her about the cats in the laundry room and to check the dryer because the cats sometimes jump in,, well you can guess
what happened........one of the cats went through the drying cycle with a load of towels.
strawman
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 22 2009, 09:36 PM) *

Here are some pictures of my 951 calipers and how there mounted with
a welded on piece of heavy bar steel.

Do you have any close-ups of the parking brake setup? It kinda looks like you're using a pivot like Paul Sayegh (sp?) as chronicled in Excellence magazine... but I'd love to see another iteration.

By the way, I really enjoyed looking through your monster turbo build!

Geoff
iamchappy
E-brake, FYI, i welded the tab spacer to the e-brake backing plate, this is fine if used
as a parking brake but it will rip right off if used as an emergency brake (this actually happened to me on the drivers side brake), so i am going to re do mine this Winter and weld the tab spacer to the trailing arm.

I hope this helps...
DBCooper
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 22 2009, 10:12 PM) *

......one of the cats went through the drying cycle with a load of towels.

Wow. He made it all the way through? Or just part of the way?
iamchappy
Full cycle, i heard it thump thump the whole time thinking she was drying canvas tennis shoes. You should of heard her scream when she opened the door.not a pretty sight, poor cat.
DBCooper
lol-2.gif That is HILARIOUS!!! And I can SEE that cat coming out! Eight lives, at least!

I rolled a VW bug once, seven or eight times (lost count somewhere after three) and came out about the same way I'm thinking that cat probably did. I hope it lived a long and boring life after that.
Porcharu
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Aug 22 2009, 09:55 PM) *

chappy you have the sweetest garage door I have ever seen. I would have broken it many times over by now....but thats me.

That's funny I was thinking the same thing!
I was getting a part for my garage door at a garage door specialty shop and they have this amazing all tempered privacy glass door on display (the structure is aluminum) price for a 2 car door $5000!
iamchappy
The cat did not survive and was beat to Hell.. shit and blood all over everything
Mikey914
QUOTE(Porcharu @ Aug 23 2009, 11:22 AM) *

QUOTE(degreeoff @ Aug 22 2009, 09:55 PM) *

That's funny I was thinking the same thing!
I was getting a part for my garage door at a garage door specialty shop and they have this amazing all tempered privacy glass door on display (the structure is aluminum) price for a 2 car door $5000!

I should get into the garage door business, I had though about it but hve just stuck with railings and custom fab stuff. DIYRailing.com. Allways thought it would pretty easy to make a stock system. I can easily make the panels, but would need to figure out the hinges and track system.

And, yes I'm a cat murderer too. I was washing my work shirt (white tuxedo , as I worked in a resturant) as I was throwing it from the washer to the dryer and the cat jumped in. I didn't figure out what the fluffy fur was and picked it up and tured to my wife and asked her if she had bought a fur???? She started screaming, and I looked a little closer and realized what I was holding. Needless to say, I had to call into work and let them know I was going to be a little late because I couldn't get the blood out of my shirt!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.