Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coming clean....parts sales.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
So....I responded to an ad. I will not name names but if you hang on this site and your name isn't Alpha, you should be able to figure it out......the whole story has been edited for brevity. Brevity....look it up.....

lol-2.gif

I'm not Byron, but I always ask what someone needs before forking IPB Image

Anyways......the guy has a hard on for an oem 914/6 rear valance. I got one....he says how much, I say "Fuch if I know:....post a thread.....

Responses come in.....we BOTH know what it's worth, he low balls me...I say no.....ALL our correspondence lasts 3-6 hours which is extremely fast/ He starts pressuring me, saying I have other buyers...."blow me" sell it, your stuff ain't gold...mine is.... piratenanner.gif .....wrong way to deal with me..... ar15.gif

Talk among yourselves.....

popcorn[1].gif
number6
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 23 2009, 01:40 PM) *

So....I responded to an ad. I will not name names but if you hang on this site and your name isn't Alpha, you should be able to figure it out......the whole story has been edited for brevity. Brevity....look it up.....

lol-2.gif

I'm not Byron, but I always ask what someone needs before forking IPB Image

Anyways......the guy has a hard on for an oem 914/6 rear valance. I got one....he says how much, I say "Fuch if I know:....post a thread.....

Responses come in.....we BOTH know what it's worth, he low balls me...I say no.....ALL our correspondence lasts 3-6 hours which is extremely fast/ He starts pressuring me, saying I have other buyers...."blow me" sell it, your stuff ain't gold...mine is.... piratenanner.gif .....wrong way to deal with me..... ar15.gif

Talk among yourselves.....

popcorn[1].gif

**DRAMA ALERT**

Mike, Mike, Mike, REALLY?!?

I'm the guy. Me, Duc. And let me tell my side of the story, which is what really happened, and I have email supporting it:

Mike calls me, and we have a nice enough initial phone conversation. Z tells me he wants ALL of my parts. ALL OF THEM? Even the 4-cyl stuff?? OK... I hesitantly tell Mike OK, but that I would only put other people off for A FEW HOURS, which should give us plenty of time to see if we have a deal. Straight and simple. I've been down this path before...

Anyhow, Z wants to pursue a trade. I tell him I'm not really looking for anything, except maybe a /6 rear valance. Turns out he has one. It's used, so he sends me pix. I tell him from the get-go I'm really after a BRAND NEW/perfect piece. His part turns out to be very very nice, just not exactly what I'm after (I already have very nice - I want perfect/NOS). I tell him this, that I'm not really interested...but would consider it for a spare. Make me an offer.

Oh, at the beginning, as we're on the phone, numerous inquiries come in, including interest in the new rollbar trim. I tell the interested party that I have Z with a possible deal, and that I would know shortly, that I would get back to them by the end of the night. I tell Z this, and he's fine. It's not like we're negotiating a peace accord - we're talking some car parts here!

Back to the story... After asking me to call him, Mike all of a sudden has to have dinner. No prob. Tells me HE WILL CALL ME BACK AFTER HIS MEAL. I wait. No call. I emailed, no response. I text (because it's late - but I know Z texts, as he had sent me a message earlier in the evening), nothing. So finally, at 12:20am, I shoot Mike a message:

"Mike, I'm hitting the sack. I promised pilothyer that I would let him know about the two rollbar trim pieces tonight, that you had first dibs. But since we haven't connected, my sense of fairness says I have to honor my word to Jerry. Everything else, I'll wait to talk to you more. Hope you understand.

'nite.

-duc"

Until this, I thought we had just left well enough alone. This was my last email to Z, after he got pissy:

"Mike, I think we had a miscommunication. I thought you said on the phone the last time we chatted that you would call me back? So I waited. I told you about Jerry waiting and that I had promised him an answer tonight. Basically, I was trying to be fair to both parties. I feel I kept my side.

And as you know, I'm after a PERFECT rear valance. Yes, your piece is worth more than the stuff you want from me (though maybe not if we're including the visors). But it's not worth that much to me, because, again, I'm after new/NOS. Guess I'm just not the right match for your piece, which is fine. It's not like you can't find a buyer easily.

Well, I don't feel like I did anything wrong...yet you're unhappy. That's miscommunication for ya. It was never my intention to upset you. You knew where I was coming from from the getgo.

Best wishes on your project.

-duc"

Lastly, Mike presents here several factual inaccuracies:

1. I never lowballed him, because I never even named I price. I was asking him how much! He never got back to me. We never proceeded beyond that.

2. I didn't pressure him. I was upfront with him from the start, because other people were involved. I'm not so hard up for cash that I have to pressure poor old Mikey to make a sale.

3. Mike didn't exactly say "blow me." What he really said: "If you want to sell it all, give me a combined shipping and total. The valance, I'll keep." I suspect Mike is upset because I chose not to deal with him any more. I got a little taste of Z, and it ain't for me. Life is too short, and I already have plenty of grey hair.

And so we come to this!

There really isn't anything else to say. And I don't think this kind of drama serves anyone, so this will be my one and only post on this. Since I was called out, I had to respond.

-duc
Gint
You two... take it off line.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.