Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would you trade a 911 for a Vintage 550 Spider?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting

Ebay stats....

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=146378

Some pics and stats on mine.....

Bored....it runs too good and the rains are pretty much over for the year.... wacko.gif

Am I nutz?
Aaron Cox
hell yes! buy it now!!!!
seanery
If the motor in the spyder is decent, I'd go for it.
ThinAir
I've always wondered what they would look like with a top. I don't buy cars that don't have a top. Of course in this case I don't have $26,000+ or a 911 to trade so it makes little difference.
415PB
Hell yes, go for it and Mike I got your message tonight. Sorry it's been awhile, but I will get it. No need to bring the trailer down. Been real busy and now they assigned me to the damn Pacific Life Open tennis tourney in Indian Wells. When that's finished I will yank it. If you cant get me at home, get me on the cell 275-1250 same area code.

Rod
boxstr
Yes, I would trade my 83 911 SC Cab for that car.
CCLIN550SPYDER
mike_the_man
Here's what a 550 looks like with a top. Not too bad, I don't think.
mike_the_man
Oh ya, and if the 550 checks out okay, get it! I'd love one.
Joe Bob
Any posters near Louisville Kentucky?
davep
I wonder how many dopes in registration he had to go through to find one willing to register a brand new kit car as a real Porsche built in the 50's. Probably using the word "vintage" in a manner that bordered on fraud.

Nice but NARP. Does it have a RAT motor?
Jake Raby
Some have a RAT, but not this one.....
Joe Bob
Yeah...and it's a typeI....hard to believe that much HP....oh well, T4 or a six would be an easy install..... wacko.gif
Jake Raby
200HP from a Type I is easy as pie! You can buy all the parts off the shelf.

But they don't last.

A TIV is an easy install. I sold 15 last year for 550 applications. Only challenge is the header, but Tangerine is taking care of that as we speak.

These cars are amazing...0-60 in 4 seconds.
nebreitling
i'd 'trade' in a second.
tat2dphreak
I don't have a 911... might give my left nut though wink.gif sweet car!
vortrex
cool car. reserve has been lowered to $26.2k. how safe are these things??
Jake Raby
They take a wait of over 1.5 years to get one if you want Vintage to build one for ya..

Try www.spyderclub.com for info
Joe Bob
QUOTE(vortrex @ Mar 10 2004, 10:02 AM)
cool car.  reserve has been lowered to $26.2k.  how safe are these things??

That's the buy it now price....reserve MAY be that price or less....as to how safe....who gives a rat's ass....only I will be in it.... laugh.gif
Howard
Oh Yeah! Do It!

Safe as any motorcycle out there. Drive it like you're invisible.
Jake Raby
Its fast, of course its not safe..

I'm trading for one soon that I will be installing a 2300cc Type I with EFI and a T04 Hybrid Turbo into...

Thats good for around 325BHP.
seanery
Mike,
I'm 2 hours from Louisville, but I'm not available until Saturday. I'd be glad to do it then if you like.
Joe Bob
Got someone thanks...
vortrex
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Mar 10 2004, 12:47 PM)
Its fast, of course its not safe..

are slow cars more safe than fast ones??
Aaron Cox
no but airbags and ABS are safer than old car systems
Jake Raby
Hell, anything thats fun is not safe...

If you want airbags buy something new..... I refuse to own a car post 1976!
Katmanken
If I had one, I'd park it under the 914.

Of course the 914 and th 550 would fit under the neighbors SUV so they both would stay dry.... laugh.gif

Seriously, a guy at work has a REAL one. Doesn't have the correct engine though. Drove it to work once or twice blink.gif

Couldn't imagine taking it out to play chicken with the SUV's.

Ken
Jake Raby
Damn, a real one without a 4 cammer is pretty useless.... I know where a few spare engines are if he wants to make the car worth a mint.. They start at 45K and need rebuilding.

I have been playing with a few here and there and have one to rebuild over next winter...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.