Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: What McMark and the Conedodger did this Sunday!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Another great day in Northern California... Mark and I had talked yesterday about going to a car show that is held in Santa Rosa every year. There were only two Porsche cars entered and another three in the parking lot, my 911 included. But we all love cars here so I thought I would share. Mark teased me a bit about using the long lens on my digital SLR but I like the perspective it gives... Mark has more pics he may add later...
ConeDodger
A few more...
ConeDodger
I have about 50 so settle in...
ConeDodger
If you are eagle-eyed you may even spy Mark with his new haircut for a wedding he is going to soon...

The little yellow car is called a Mini Moke. A freind from high school bought about 25 of them from Catalina Island and he is restoring and selling them.
ConeDodger
Hmmm... Where is Marky???
ConeDodger
Anybody see him yet???
ConeDodger
I think he was hiding behind a Mini looking, well... bigger than the Mini...
jgara962
Nice pictures Rob, but now I'm following this thread just to see Mark with his new hairdo. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Mark got a bit glassy eyed and looked contemplative. I found out he was considering his preference for flatter paint surfaces... Not a glossy guy I guess.
ConeDodger
You have been had John. Mark doesn't change his haircut no matter who is getting married. biggrin.gif
jgara962
av-943.gif

I was all ready to see Mr. clean cut.
ConeDodger
Ooops... I hope jgara is not mad at me! sad.gif

A couple shots of Mark's favorite Mini at the show. Notice the patina to the paint. This car was very original...
ConeDodger
Now for the Grey Poupon crowd...
ConeDodger
Let's see what else do we have here...
tod914
Nice content. Love the old Brit cars.
ConeDodger
One of the Mini's at the show was a custom painted car. It appeared to be owned by a woman who was dressed in Shagalicious period dress... Austin Powers was nowhere in sight so I walked right up and politely asked her to pose with her car. (politely, because I had been warned by Yopu to behave biggrin.gif ) I was a bit shocked to find that she had clearly been asked to pose with her car before and snapped right into this pose.
ConeDodger
Well, we have just got to have some Porsche content so here are some pics of a 356 that was displayed by it's original owner...
ConeDodger
Finally, for me anyway (Mark may post his pics too) is my favorite car at the show. It wasn't refined or restored and wasn't in great shape but I would love to own this...
ConeDodger
And that, 914World Citizens is how McMark and the Conedodger spent today! What do you think? biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Great day guys! My youngest would be all over that bus!
McMark
Mine won't be up until tomorrow. I had fun looking at the Brits. Tons of old Mini, and way too many new Mini. cool.gif

The bus owner was talking near me and I heard him say he's got a 1776 in it. And I'm realizing more and more, that I am a huge sucker for original paint and patina. Rock chips, dents and scratches are just 'character'.
JazonJJordan
drunk.gif Better than my day I think. That was a treat-
I feel the bus love~ I have had 4. 69, 71, 74, 75.
But not the split window or westy. Someday~
Joe Bob
Way cool. Glad ya had a good time.

33rd annual SB PCA WHine Cheese is coming up.....Pinky lifters....

October 11th......c'mon down garawnnnteed to get ya in trouble.....trust me, I'm with the government......just look for the guy peeing on a fender of s Boxster. beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
I don't actually believe you took those pictures. There are only garbage cans in one of them poke.gif

Looks like you guys had an awesome day beerchug.gif
Porcharu
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 23 2009, 09:33 PM) *

Another great day in Northern California... Mark and I had talked yesterday about going to a car show that is held in Santa Rosa every year. There were only two Porsche cars entered and another three in the parking lot, my 911 included. But we all love cars here so I thought I would share. Mark teased me a bit about using the long lens on my digital SLR but I like the perspective it gives... Mark has more pics he may add later...

Some of my best pictures of my son were taken with the 'big' 300mm lens on my DSLR - up close (say 20 feet) they can do some optical magic that you just don't get with a normal lens up close.
Steve
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 23 2009, 11:12 PM) *

I don't actually believe you took those pictures. There are only garbage cans in one of them poke.gif

Looks like you guys had an awesome day beerchug.gif

Leave it to Jon to find the one tiny garbage can in those pics lol-2.gif
FourBlades

Great pictures Rob, thanks for posting those.

I love the 356, is that in original condition or restored?

I am going to get one of those some day.

John
schreiber
Great photos Conedodger!
stephenaki
Love the maroon bugeye sprite! I so want one of those!!
greenie
Nice pics Mr. ConeCrusher bye1.gif

What would McMark look like "all cleaned up?

Maybe ...
zymurgist
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 24 2009, 01:05 AM) *

One of the Mini's at the show was a custom painted car. It appeared to be owned by a woman who was dressed in Shagalicious period dress... Austin Powers was nowhere in sight so I walked right up and politely asked her to pose with her car. (politely, because I had been warned by Yopu to behave biggrin.gif ) I was a bit shocked to find that she had clearly been asked to pose with her car before and snapped right into this pose.

Groovy baby! thumb3d.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 23 2009, 10:20 PM) *

Mine won't be up until tomorrow. I had fun looking at the Brits. Tons of old Mini, and way too many new Mini. cool.gif

The bus owner was talking near me and I heard him say he's got a 1776 in it. And I'm realizing more and more, that I am a huge sucker for original paint and patina. Rock chips, dents and scratches are just 'character'.

Mark you need a single cab for a shop truck. You could cherrie it out, letter it up and take after it with a scuff pad and that faded patina look. I like that too.
ConeDodger
Hmmmm..... I wonder where Mark's pics are? He only had 4 cars in the shop... He can't be that busy right??? biggrin.gif
McMark
Sorry for being a day late. I didn't feel like coming in to the shop on my day off. tongue.gif
ConeDodger
The guy with the VTEC powered Mini told me it was very tame... I'm sure it is if you don't even look at the peddle on the right. lol-2.gif
zymurgist
From driving.gif to Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.