Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Opportunity for Custom European Plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
Hey guys, I know that this probably belongs in the classifieds but I wanted to post it here so it can be seen as it is only relevant for a day or so. I am on vacation in Europe right now and I know a guy who can make custom european plates for me. I can get Germany, France (yellow plate), Portugal or Spain made. I can get them in stamped-aluminum or acrylic for the same price.

I can have them made and bring them home with me in a few days. The price is $25 shipped to your door for a single plate. If interested, send me a PM with what you want on the plate, the country of choice and your mailing address. I'll reply with my paypal address; I'd prefer payment in advance so I don't wind up with someone's custom plates. bye1.gif

Orders
1. Chris (effutuo101) - MI SEIS - Spain paid
2. Dan (proto31) - GRUN 914 - germany paid
3. Steven (poorsche914) - ZU KUHL - germany paid
bdstone914
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Aug 24 2009, 06:00 AM) *

Hey guys, I know that this probably belongs in the classifieds but I wanted to post it here so it can be seen as it is only relevant for a day or so. I am on vacation in Europe right now and I know a guy who can make custom european plates for me. I can get Germany, France (yellow plate), Portugal or Spain made. I can get them in stamped-aluminum or acrylic for the same price.

I can have them made and bring them home with me in a few days. The price is $25 shipped to your door for a single plate. If interested, send me a PM with what you want on the plate, the country of choice and your mailing address. I'll reply with my paypal address; I'd prefer payment in advance so I don't wind up with someone's custom plates. bye1.gif

Orders
1. Chris (effutuo101)

How many characters can fit on a plate?
jonferns
I'd say about 6 with a space or 7 without.
jonferns
OK, its 8:15 PM here, I'll be placing the order first thing in the morning tomorrow. bye1.gif
effutuo101
Pay pal sent. Confirmation number via pm.

Chris (effutuo101) - MI SEIS - Spain awaiting paypal

jonferns
Hey Dan, got your plate back. The other two should be finished tomorrow bye1.gif

Click to view attachment
turboturtle
I only now realized I slept through your awful fine offer to do this for fellow cruisers. I did pm you with my information just in case their might still be an opportunity.
Dang it all!

Bob
proto31
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Aug 27 2009, 11:53 AM) *

Hey Dan, got your plate back. The other two should be finished tomorrow bye1.gif

Click to view attachment

Awesome!! It looks perfect! I appreciate you taking the time to do these. I just finished the paint on my car this last weekend, this plate will fit well.

Dan
jonferns
No problem Dan, im glad you like it. I get home hopefully on saturday (they're talking about flight cancellations on my airline) and I start classes monday but I'll find time and mail them latest wednesday. bye1.gif

Bob-I PM'd you back.
J P Stein
My son was in Germany a few months back & got this fo me.
He insisted it is road legal there?????
jonferns
Ok, last two plates are done!

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 27 2009, 04:52 PM) *

He insisted it is road legal there?????

In his dreams ... biggrin.gif

Pretty cool, but not so much legal.
shades.gif Andy
SirAndy
This is what a real German license plate looks like:

Click to view attachment

Part 1, letters only, 1 to 3 letters:
This is a abbreviation for the County (or city in case of larger cities).
In the example above, this plate is from "Rastatt" (a county) in "Baden-Württemberg" (a state).

Part 2, letters only, 1 to 2 letters:
Random letters

Part 3, numbers only, 1 to 4 numbers:
Random numbers

Overall maximum number of symbols is 8.

bye1.gif Andy
SirAndy
And here's a map of all the current abbreviations ...

hcdmueller
Nice map. Thanks for putting it up. I have KL plates but there seem to be a lot of different plates in the area I live. I have looked for a map like that before but I don't speak enough German to know what I am looking at.
effutuo101
drunk.gif
very nice! thank you again. Looking forward to putting it on my car
jonferns
Hey guys, sorry I haven't shipped the plates yet. I've had a crazy schedule at school all week but I have time tomorrow and will mail out the plates.
VaccaRabite
I wish I had seen this thread when it was open.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.