Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MPS "diaphram"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
I am just giving an update on the "step up to the plate comment". I spoke with a very good friend of mine that does small stamping. I am going to pull my MPS apart and send him the disk. Before we really dive in to this, what kind of numbers are we talking about though. How many people really want this item. I would expect the part to be about a 100 bucks in small qty's. I just don't want him to go through a lot of work if only 2 people want them. The stamping die is gonna be expensive to make.
Cap'n Krusty
I would probably take one, given the dozens of MPSs we have sitting around .............

The Cap'n
brant
I kinda want one
but not sure its a good economical move

at 100 bucks, a person still has to install it
then another 50 or 65with shipping to have it calibrated after installed
to top that off, the new units may or may not have the same charicteristics of the or responsiveness as the originals.

plus its still possible to find an original used for the same price or less

tough call
brant
SLITS
I will contact a couple of Rebuilders and see if they have any interest. At $100 a pop I seriously doubt they would be players, but I can always ask.

They would have to be guaranteed to have the same flex characterists as the original.
underthetire
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 24 2009, 10:54 AM) *

I will contact a couple of Rebuilders and see if they have any interest. At $100 a pop I seriously doubt they would be players, but I can always ask.

They would have to be guaranteed to have the same flex characterists as the original.

Well, since I don't have a brand new one, we would just use the same dimensions and material thickness as the original. The BE copper is very expensive nowadays. I'll have a better price breakdown next week I hope.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.