Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914 Race Car owned by Ed Ducey
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jtummine
Hi,

I'm reaching out to the 914World community in hopes you can help me.

My father, Ed Ducey who passed last April has a 1970 Porsche Race Car that he owned for many many years. It is orange and called "Sluggo" and was raced off and on in PCA, Nasa, etc. He purchased this car for me to race and left it for me when he passed. It has been in my family for over 20 years.

Approximately 4 months ago this race car, parts and trailer was posted illegally posted by someone who had no legal court authority or approval to post, put up for sale or enter a verbal or written transaction to sell any portion of this race car, parts, trailer, etc without prior probate court approval.

I am the legal beneficiary of Sluggo both in the 1st & 2nd will written by my father and it has never been my intention to have this car sold as this race car has been in my family for over 20 years and has a great deal of personal family history.

I am trying to find out who may have been in contact with this person by replying to one of the many ads illegally posted over the course of approx 4 months an attempt to sell and seek the highest bidder, et all.

I would very much appreciate any information you could share with me by contacting me via email. I have an upcoming court appearance against this person and will be sharing my findings with the judge.

Thank you!
Jennifer

jtummine@yahoo.com
SirAndy
QUOTE(jtummine @ Aug 24 2009, 08:06 PM) *

I am trying to find out who may have been in contact with this person by replying to one of the many ads he illegally posted over the course of approx 4 months in his attempt to sell and seek the highest bidder, et all.

I can't help you with any information but i have seen "Sluggo" in person and met your father several times.

He'll be missed ...
sad.gif Andy
championgt1
I do not have any information about your car. I just wanted to say sorry about your father and good luck in giving the son in law the what for.
lotus_65
looks like this is for sale now:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1414068896.html
Click to view attachment

jtummine
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Oct 15 2009, 04:56 AM) *

The reason for the sale is the following....

The car was put up for sale on craigslist approx 4 mos without notifying the beneficiaries or probate. Once I found out and the Executor (son of my father's 2nd wife) wouldn't take it down, they were forced to notify probate of their intent to sell and my objection of the sale. So after a long bitter battle in probate court, the basically now are claiming that they need the funds from sluggo to pay for attorney fees. The judge not familiar with selling it in parts rather than as whole ordered the executor to place the car for sale as a whole and get written bids. If written bids weren't sufficient than they would put it up for sale as parts (which it currently is in).

This race car, Sluggo has been in my family for over 20 years and it has a great deal of meaning to me. While I don't want this car to be placed for sale, nor is the selling of this car what my father had wished for or put in his will to pay for attorney fees, this is what has happened.

My dad's 2nd wife and her son have basically depleted my father's estate, his personal and written wishes and removed my sister and I from his trust, against his wishes. While he fought a very difficult battle with advanced cancer and my sister and I were by his side, his 2nd wife and her son were putting themselves in a position to take over his entire estate by stealing, lying and hiding.

I have fought a very difficult battle in probate court for over a year to try and make his wishes be carried out properly. Unfortunately they won with their greed, lies and full access to his estate.

My father was a huge Porsche 914 fanatic and he loved Sluggo, as do I.

I have expressed interest to the court in buying the shell of Sluggo for sentimental reason to continue to keep it in my family.

As for the parts and condition, based on the fact that the Executor has no knowledge of the condition, parts inventory, etc. Feel free to bid low. The care of the trailer in my father's mechanics hands was not taken care of properly, nor was the car and motorparts as I have pictures of its very poor condition.

The proceeds of the sale of Sluggo will go to my father's 2nd wife to pay for all attorney fees. Its highly doubtful that the beneficiaries will receive any money, nor do I want it. If Sluggo doesn't sell high (which I am hoping for), she will be forced to pay out of pocket for the legal fees she incurred in my father's estate for the mishandling of my father's estate. (ie. charging the estate for fees before my father even passed, hiding assets and transferring them into her name only, etc.). My father's 2nd wife and her son aren't nice or honest people based on my dealings with them with them in court for the past year and a half.

For those of you who have contacted me regarding Sluggo, thank you for all your support!

Jennifer
rick 918-S
The last time I was ever in the presents of such a heartless and selfish act was when my step mom died and her kids treated me and my sister like we were from a lepper colony. This is even sadder because it is without regard of your dads wishes. I am sad to read this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.