Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: whats it worth
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bigvag
Ok I want to start a 914 project. Looking for a rolling chassis thats in decent condition. I'm planning on putting a suby motor and tranny for the power plant. I found this roller locally. It is set up for straight racing, which means no head lights, windshield wipers, speedo, interior things you don't need for racing. I does have the flared fenders on it, it has newer struts maybe performance, looks like 10" break rotors and single piston calipers, it has a roll cage and a fuel cell in the front trunk. I look at the hell hole for rust and either there is none or someone fixed it already and put a sealant on it. Heres a pic, the guys is taking off the rims, motor, and racing seat.
IPB Image
Millerwelds
$?
Ferg
More info would be helpful. suspension, cosmetics, flares steel or glass, how much is left ect. Those little things really add up.

To me, race car with no motor wheels or tires, is worth maybe 1500 bucks if the chasis and brakes are nice.

If you plan on making it a street car, think long and hard about it. Not a easy thing to reverse all the parts that are missing.

Ferg
bigvag
Thats what I was thinking around $1500. Now he has a near flawless stock 914 there also. It has a quarter size rust hole in the cabin under the drivers seat. The only other thing is a 1 inch scratch on the back of the quarter panel. But this car has some upgrades already done to it which would save me some money in the long run.
grantsfo
QUOTE(bigvag @ Aug 25 2009, 04:42 PM) *

Thats what I was thinking around $1500. Now he has a near flawless stock 914 there also. It has a quarter size rust hole in the cabin under the drivers seat. The only other thing is a 1 inch scratch on the back of the quarter panel. But this car has some upgrades already done to it which would save me some money in the long run.

If its a solid chasis, has decent suspension and cage is professionally fabricated $1500 would be a steal. I was thinking closer to $4000, but we really dont have enough info or pictures to make an assessment.
r_towle
12....no more
PeeGreen 914
I was thinking more on the lines of 3500 to 4000 as well. What wheels will be on there when you get it?
bigvag
Not sure what he will put on there, the cheapest wheels I would imagine. It will not have a motor,seats,or the wheels.
PeeGreen 914
What all has he done to the suspension, bushings and what brakes doest he have on there? How about sway bar? All of those things can be worth a lot of money.
tat2dphreak
what do you want to do with the car?

if it's set for racing like you say, no headlights, etc... then I would not want to have to turn it into a street car... but a suby motor will eliminate you from most classes I would guess...

you can probably convert it back to street, but you would need to find a lot of little stuff...

that said, worst case scenario it's a decent sounding car with already a 5 lug set up and probably a decent brake/suspension package. 4k-5k would be my guess... if it's already set up for a -6 it goes up imo. since -6 parts are $$ we just can't know enough to give a good estimate with the info provided
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.