Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door lock pops open when door closed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Hi,
I rebuilt my drivers door and cleaned all the parts, now when I engage the inside lock and close the door it always pops open.

Is this a safety feature or something that can be adjusted?

Thanks,
Dan
buhs914
just lift the outer handle and close the door at the same time. mine has always done that
solex
That worked, thank you for the quick reply...
buhs914
oh yeah anytime =] i believe that it is a safety feature and maybe after your rebuild it started to work? lol
Bartlett 914
The drivers door on my car requires I lift the latch when closing. The passenger side does not. I think this is the normal setup.
roadster fan
agree.gif After I took mine apart and refurbished it, it started working just as described.

Jim
URY914
Let me know when those outside door handles break. I can fix them better than new. And I'm having an end of summer sale right now.
solex
I should say that I have never tested the locking mechanism before so I really do not know if it ever locked without pulling up the handle.. A few nights ago I re-keyed the lock this is what precipitated me testing it.

I do remember that my beetles had a similar problem/feature on the drivers door alone...
zx-niner
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Aug 25 2009, 07:34 PM) *

The drivers door on my car requires I lift the latch when closing. The passenger side does not. I think this is the normal setup.

This is how my '74 works, too. It has all the appearances of completely original.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.