Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soda Blasting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I've been wondering about local-to-me soda blasting, but never had the motivation to actually do a search. Guess what was cleaning the shop across the parking lot...
ConeDodger
Very cool. Now you need to empty your shop and let them go at that floor. Or just light a match and wait for the oil to wick out and burn. biggrin.gif
IronHillRestorations
I didn't think you could spill oil on the floor in California??
McMark
We don't use oil in CA. We use happiness and love to keep everything running 'groovy'.
RJMII
could you imagine the mess if that thing were to collide with a tanker hauling vinegar?
Rand
QUOTE(RJMII @ Aug 26 2009, 11:17 AM) *

could you imagine the mess if that thing were to collide with a tanker hauling vinegar?

laugh.gif lol-2.gif
Just laughed out loud on that one. I needed that.
beer.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(RJMII @ Aug 26 2009, 12:17 PM) *

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

That was classic!!!!

Just need a volcano out of paper mache' .....a big one!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 26 2009, 10:10 AM) *

We don't use oil in CA. We use happiness and love to keep everything running 'groovy'.

Not a drop of oil in this engine! lol-2.gif
r_towle
We had that type of company come by and do a 356...
It was about three hours...all done.
The next rain storm all evidence was gone.

They also carry sand for the tough spots....

Rich
McMark
Yeah, looked like they were actually spraying walnut shells.
degreeoff
I fer one can speak highly of soda blasting......IT WORKS GREAT! and saves a sheet load of time

Josh

d914
yup I agree!!!

Click to view attachment
lotus_65
there has to be a easy to read grit chart out there somewhere- where does soda fall in comparison to other options?
McMark
This site lists them in order. Mild at the top, more and more agressive as you go down.
tod914
Just had a set of wheels done. Excellent results. The guy was saying it will keep bare metal from rusting for a long time. But, you'll need to wash it off with a warm soapy water prior to any type of paint work.
lotus_65
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 26 2009, 10:58 PM) *

This site lists them in order. Mild at the top, more and more agressive as you go down.

beerchug.gif
TeenerTim
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 26 2009, 11:58 PM) *

WOW! I just drove by their building this morning. Had no idea that's what they did. I'll have to stop by there this weekend.

Thanks
Tim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.