Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I did not intend to ruffle any feathers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaymann
I am just a newby here,I really do not know anyone yet.So when I saw that Jake was here,I had to ask.I have read alot about him.What I read has been very helpful.I also think, that him taken time to respond is super cool.Thanks Jake for pointing me in the right direction again.I did not mean any disrespect to anyone else here.I think this is a great club,and I apperciate all the help from everyone.I am still learning.This is my first 914 project,My father bought it new in 1975 then it had been sidelined since 1992.I am not a auto mechanic,but a fast learner and good with my hands.This car is like a part of my family, and link to my childhood.So many great times,so matter how much time, and money it takes,I am all in.My father is not in good health these days,but the day I got it running again.He made it down 2 staircases and outside to the garage, with his walker to see, the smile on his face was priceless.I can't wait till its done,to take him for a ride. Jason
silverteener

Looks like they were just picking on you! I'm sure if they didn't like you they wouldn't have posted!

welcome.png
Sleepin
Don't worry....there is a ton of info on the board....the problem is that it usually comes with a ton of shit. Literally.

Most of the guys will give you crap because that is what they do well...a long with knowing a thing or two about 914's.

Welcome to the board! Get used to people messin with you, just the nature of 914land. biggrin.gif
RJMII
welcome.png

We need an emoticon of a donkey that looks like Einstein. It would be fitting to most of us that hang out here.

The smart ass comments always happen, and usually an answer that works is in the mix.
gothspeed
welcome.png .......... I am fairly new on here as well ...... as was said there are gems in the mix of various answers ........ smile.gif
tat2dphreak
you can do it! we can help... but we tend to give everyone shit along the way. welcome.png beerchug.gif
plas76targa
Jason - welcome to the club and nice story about your Dad. There are quite a few 914's in NJ, PA, DE, MD, and VA. Come join us at ECC on Sept 12th. See the separate thread highlighted in the 'garage'. Don't worry about NOT driving a 914. You'll come away with the goal to make next year! Also - watch and be sure to attend HERSHEY pa next spring. Good luck on your project and fire away with the questions!
messix
you just happened to post while a A.H.A meeting was in session [that would be ass hats anonymous] there are many that take place and can bust out at a moments notice..... some times with out notice. shades.gif
tat2dphreak
don't worry about learning.. I've been doing this about 7 years, and some people here have been in 914s for 40... we are all still learning...

we've been known to show up at people's house to work on their 914s because 1 user that doesn't know what they are doing is frustrating, but 10... that's a party
Sleepin
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Aug 26 2009, 02:06 PM) *

don't worry about learning.. I've been doing this about 7 years, and some people here have been in 914s for 40... we are all still learning...

we've been known to show up at people's house to work on their 914s because 1 user that doesn't know what they are doing is frustrating, but 10... that's a party

Not sure anyone has been working on 914's for 40 years here...maybe 39 years. bootyshake.gif
70Sixter
welcome.png

And you know what they say: "You can't make an omelet without ruffling some feathers!"

Or something like that. biggrin.gif
dflesburg
GreatPumpkin's car has a build date of 12/69

he will be 16 in October.... LOL.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 26 2009, 03:14 PM) *

Not sure anyone has been working on 914's for 40 years here...maybe 39 years. bootyshake.gif

the 70 was released in 69 poke.gif
krazykonrad
welcome.png

keep on posting! Sorry if anyone flamed you. That's not what this board is supposed to be about.

Konrad
Dr Evil
Its hard to communicate sarcasm and comedy in writing at times. I read your other post and see where they were trying to joke with you since you directly addressed Jake rather than just asking your question to the general public. wink.gif
You havent offended anyone biggrin.gif Dont take what you read too seriously as we like to kid around a lot.
welcome.png
Sleepin
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Aug 26 2009, 02:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 26 2009, 03:14 PM) *

the 70 was released in 69 poke.gif

ok...who was working on them in 69? I imagine it took at least a year before they started rusting on jackstands... slap.gif

av-943.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 26 2009, 12:14 PM) *

I personally inspected a 914 that was build in '68, so there you go.

Straight out of the A.H.A. users guide ...
biggrin.gif Andy
Sleepin
This board wasn't even up in 69! mad.gif

lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
Jason,
Great story. I read your original post and somehow resisted telling you that Jake is the wrong guy to ask that question to. He knows about stock engines but his life is dedicated to improving on that.

If you are going to stay, and I encourage you to be advised it takes a thick skin sometimes. The A.H.A. is also known as the asshats association. Some of us need to pull our heads out of our asses once in a while. Just don't drop it like this guy did!
Cap'n Krusty
AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, MAANNNNNNNNNN! Now we gotta lure some more fresh meat!

The Cap'n
type47
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 26 2009, 02:14 PM) *

AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, MAANNNNNNNNNN! Now we gotta lure some more fresh meat!

The Cap'n

Whoa! That's the lightest reply I've EVER seen from the Cap'n! Wait until you're on the receiving end of one of his pointed posts.... oh wait, you were biggrin.gif
jsayre914
welcome.png
Where is drexel Pa. Im in south central pa in York. I keep spotting 914s here and there from people who are not on this site. In fact i just spotted an orange one 74-5 off pa74 in dover.
bye1.gif
Twise
Nobody ever gave me any shit. Does that mean I am not liked?? Somebody better give me some shit right away, I feel slighted. Whats the biggest tire I can fit on my 914?
Twise
welcome.png

I almost forgot - welcome aboard...
McMark
I don't have feathers. cool.gif
Gint
I guess I missed it. I can't say I'm surprised though. Anywho...

welcome.png
RJMII
QUOTE(Twise @ Aug 26 2009, 05:55 PM) *

Nobody ever gave me any shit. Does that mean I am not liked?? Somebody better give me some shit right away, I feel slighted. Whats the biggest tire I can fit on my 914?

Need some more pictures of a check strap, Trev?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Twise @ Aug 26 2009, 04:55 PM) *

42. It's ALWAYS 42. Don't you EVER remember ANYTHING?

There, feel better now?

The Cap'n

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. And spiders.

ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 26 2009, 04:05 PM) *

I don't have feathers. cool.gif

Ahhh Damn it! Now I suppose someone is going to have to get Mark some feathers or he is going to whine about that... mad.gif

See what you started?

Seriously Jason, I have 5000+ posts most of them stupid. There is a guy here on his way to 10000 posts that are mostly just pictures. (I love your pics, TC! biggrin.gif )You post one stupid thing and you feel the need to apologize? Tell them to FO! biggrin.gif (unless of course you are 16 then don't be using language like that)

welcome.png Did you ever get an answer to your question?

degreeoff
Man I always miss the good sH!t.......did you guy scare him off already???

See thats what happens when Dr Evil says I gotta have these little cups on the tranny mount tops.....I gotta go make em on the mill. I knew that thing would come in handy......

Oh BTW....umm whoever you are welcome to zee club!

Josh
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Twise @ Aug 26 2009, 06:55 PM) *

who are you again?
SLITS
QUOTE(Twise @ Aug 26 2009, 04:55 PM) *

stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif

That enough?

And yeah Jaymann ... we were just jacking with you (MOST OF US ANYWAY) .... don't take it seriously or you will develop a complex and a head tick.
messix
we don't want you turning into a Alphy..... that kid couldn't take it...... ran off with his mangina all hurt! happy11.gif lol-2.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 26 2009, 07:31 PM) *

......don't take it seriously or you will develop a complex and a head tick.

A$$holes!!!! unsure.gif

lol-2.gif
type47
quote name='degreeoff' date='Aug 26 2009, 04:53 PM' post='1207669']
Dr Evil says I gotta have these little cups on the tranny mount tops.....[/quote]

hijack: I've got some 1.7 washers that are basically the same thing but with a little cutout.
Click to view attachment[
degreeoff
thanks man but I made some up on the milling machine out of some material that looked like aluminum but wieghed more and cut like steel (from the scrap bin @ local metal supply joint)......same idea cut out in the middle that fits over the top, doesnt rotate due to flat sides and will not let the tranny slide out.

I had to use that there machine fer sumthin...!

Josh

BTW New guy...you still here?
McMark
like aluminum but wieghed more and cut like steel

TITANIUM!!! Where's Alpha?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.