Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power to the Coil
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pavlis613
Any "look-fors" when you can't get juice to the positive terminal of the coil? I am getting power to 5 of the 14 pins on the forward side of the regulator plate, but nothing coming out of pin #8 on the aft side of the plate (according to my schematic, pin 8 sends the juice to the coil).

Any ideas where to start looking?

Thanks.
GeorgeRud
The relay plate in the engine compartment can go bad as the electrical connections on the board were riveted and do corrode over time.

I believe that Brad Mayeur at 914Ltd in Peoria, IL sells refurbished ones that have the connectors soldered after they are cleaned.

You can try to remove the sealant on the underside of the relay board and check for corrosion, that's probably your problem.
SLITS
if your car has a CDI unit it is not a coil ... it is a transformer. It gets shot 400 volts from the CDI unit ... no 12 vdc at the "coil".

If it's a conventional point/coil ignition, then you have a problem in the relay board or wiring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.