Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: windshield gasket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ventedrib
I saw it on ebay and thought I saw it one time in the classifieds on this site any body know who makes them and if its a good product.The ad on ebay showed a rubber seal that went around the windshield and then you put the windshield in it had pictures it looked good.There was an ebay store called import frenzy but now the store is closed.I would like to try the product if anybody can help.
john rogers
When I had the windshield replaced on both of our 914s I used Safelite Auto Glass and the tech had the rubber seal I needed. I told the lady on the phone I wanted to put on a rubber seal instead of the original aluminum trim and she said "no problem, the guy knew just what to bring". The windshield was still "glue'd" in and the runner just covered the gap between the edge of the glass and the body.
Zaney
About how much did the windshield replacement from Safelite cost?
ventedrib
QUOTE(john rogers @ Aug 26 2009, 06:22 PM) *

When I had the windshield replaced on both of our 914s I used Safelite Auto Glass and the tech had the rubber seal I needed. I told the lady on the phone I wanted to put on a rubber seal instead of the original aluminum trim and she said "no problem, the guy knew just what to bring". The windshield was still "glue'd" in and the runner just covered the gap between the edge of the glass and the body.

I don't think we have safelite here in this little town I live in but I have a buddy in the auto glass bizz I'll check with him thanks.
SirAndy
The guy who installed my new windshield had the right type of seal ...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...st&p=910188

shades.gif Andy
Todd Enlund
Mikey914 makes a windshield seal.
raw1298
I bought the one off of ebay but I have not installed it yet. The quality is good from what I can tell. It is one piece that needs to be glued in one spot.
SLITS
If it's the same stuff I bought, it has butyl in the groove that fits the windshield edge. Hell to work with, but sticks (and the butyl sticks to your hands).

Hope you got the Frit paint. Need to put a black border. 3/4" from the edge all the way around the glass.

I liked the way it looked installed and seemed to seal the window channel well.

No glue necessary.
736conver
QUOTE(ventedrib @ Aug 26 2009, 06:01 PM) *

I saw it on ebay and thought I saw it one time in the classifieds on this site any body know who makes them and if its a good product.The ad on ebay showed a rubber seal that went around the windshield and then you put the windshield in it had pictures it looked good.There was an ebay store called import frenzy but now the store is closed.I would like to try the product if anybody can help.

Ebay store isnt closed just nothing listed right now.

The kit/seal is listed right here on the site.

Linky for kit
john rogers
There are many seals that could work, they need to be shaped like a sideways "h" in cross section. Where the part on the top right is long enough to overlap the edge of the windshield frame and the channel part has to fit snugly to the windshield glass.
Mikey914
This windshield gasket is not one I actually make.

I do stock it for those that need it, but you should be able to get at any windshield glass shop.
gothspeed
I like the fact that it seals better ....... but since I have all that silver moulding on the rest of the car .... I will do my best to keep everything matching .... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.