Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please help spread the news about the WCC!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
JeffBowlsby
We would really appreciate your help in getting the word out about the West Coast Classic. Flyers and a banner ad for linking to the event website from other 914 websites are now available from the event website. (Thanks Mike Ginter!)

You can help by going to the event website:

http://914world.com/westcoastclassic/

(The link is also at the red circle hot button at the top of the 914club webpage!)

Click on the 'WCC Downloads' button from the menu and print out flyers. There are two half page flyers per page, so please cut them.

Take them to local 914 parts establishments and ask them if you can leave them on their counters for customers. Take them to 914 repair shops for their bulletin board and customer waiting rooms. Leave them under the wipers of 914s you see on the street. Carry a stack with you until the event for that chance 914 encounter.

The more 914s that come to the WCC the more fun it will be for all of us.

PS We also need a volunteer to contact potential sponsors and solicit 914-related tangible donations for the event. Contact me offline if you can help in this way.

Thanks for your help! smilie_pokal.gif

Jeff
rick 918-S
bump... wavey.gif This is your big chance to help smash.gif
Brad Roberts
We do need the help. It will be another month before I'm unburied enough to help.

B
JeffBowlsby
It will be another month before I'm unburied enough to help

Hey Brad you can print some flyers off the event website put them on the counter and bulletin board for customers and be sure that each 914 customer HPH has from now til June has one...You are our inside man! I'll bet HPH could 25 new attendees easy, to the event.

cool.gif
Brad Roberts
Will do. We actually have a professional grade copier/printer at my small shop next door. I should do ALL the flyers for this area.

B
EdwardBlume
Is it OK to send to LPR's monthly newsletter?
Brad Roberts
Yes. I had also planned to send to GGR news letter.

Rob.. lets chat this weekend if you have time. I'll be down on Sat+Sun.

B
morph
If you send some flyers to us and we'll put one in everything we ship. I already advertise the 914 club on our store front, but I'll put the WCC details on it.
Brad Roberts
Let me see what I can do. All I need is paper.

B
JeffBowlsby
Morph - The flyers and banner ad can be downloaded off the event website, and printed on your printer! You can print Thousands! Thanks a bazillion! The internet is great huh...

Thanks too Brad for doing the flyers up there. I plan to stop by Easys and PartsHeaven on Friday with a bunch for them.

Next year we'll code the flyers with a persons ID and give out an award for the most prolific person that attracts attendees.

wink.gif
morph
I'll print a bunch and put one in every order. I'll add the info to our e-bay store homepage. That should help a little.

http://stores.ebay.com/914appearanceandper...ept0/index.html
rick 918-S
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Mar 10 2004, 09:24 PM)
I'll print a bunch and put one in every order. I'll add the info to our e-bay store homepage. That should help a little.

http://stores.ebay.com/914appearanceandper...ept0/index.html

That will be a great help! Thanks!
Gint
I wish I could do more for you guys besides web page, email, board stuff that I do for a living anyway. But I've been absolutely swamped and working all hours of the day and night . And it probably won't let up before the Classic.

I can't hardly even read the board these days.

You know where to find me... email is best. gint@frii.com or use the link.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 10 2004, 10:37 PM)
I wish I could do more for you guys besides web page, email, board stuff that I do for a living anyway. But I've been absolutely swamped and working all hours of the day and night . And it probably won't let up before the Classic.

I can't hardly even read the board these days.

You know where to find me... email is best. gint@frii.com or use the link.

Many hands make light work aktion035.gif I wish I could do what you do. I wouldn't need to do what I do. laugh.gif
Gint
I wish I could do what you do. I wouldn't need to do what I do.  

That's a hoot. laugh.gif I could say the same thing to you.
Jenny
Do the Kolstads still have a 914? I placed a flier in the door handle of Charles' 911 cab this morning. Maybe they'll grace us with their presence?

Jen
Jenny
I got another one! On my way out to lunch, I saw a green 914 pulling out of a parking spot. The guy's had his car for 8 years, I think he said, and always has someone else (shop/mechanic) do all his work, including replacing a door handle several times over. I told gave him a flier and also told him to drop by and say hi. I told him we're all pretty much Do-It-Yourself types, and can offer good instruction on any problems he may encounter. I also told him he can find used parts (door handle, mainly) for much cheaper than having a shop order it for him. He and his wife Priscilla were super stoked I flagged them down. I literally ran infront of the car waving my arms wildly about and jumping up and down like a lunatic to stop them. laugh.gif Can't remember his name though. John, or maybe Mike. Just what we need, another Mike!! wacko.gif

Jen
rick 918-S
Jen, Your nominated Head Cheerleader! smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Jenny Posted on Mar 11 2004 @ 02:30 PM )
Just what we need, another Mike!!  

Easy now! Mike's are generally the finest kind... Never met a Mike I didn't like.
Jenny
Yes, but you have to admit there are a lot of you around. I wonder how many Mikes we have? And how many we call by their last name. I'm so glad you guys don't just call me Shyu.

Jen
JeffBowlsby
I literally ran infront of the car waving my arms wildly about and jumping up and down like a lunatic to stop them.

That would have been fun to see! Thanks for using gorrilla warfare tactics and all to win another disciple...You've got the bug Frau Jenny. smilie_flagge24.gif

Do you have access to the WCC planning thread?

We don't have anmy Mikes do we? Just a Mueller, and a Ginter...why do people call me Bowlsby anywhoo...what kind of name is that?

Jeff
Jenny
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Mar 11 2004, 05:06 PM)

Why, I don't believe I do...

Jen
TimT
Mikes

I remember in the back of Popular Science or Mechanics they used to advertise a Mikes of America club...

I actually bought a friend of mine a membership for his B-day..

wish I could help out more with the festivities and perhaps even go... being on the right coast does have some downsides..
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Jenny @ Mar 11 2004, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Mar 11 2004, 05:06 PM)

Why, I don't believe I do...

Jen

Sign her up Jeff! JENNY boldblue.gif JENNY boldblue.gif JENNY boldblue.gif JENNY boldblue.gif
JeffBowlsby
Jennys been given the secret decoder ring...We can sure use her enthuusiasm. What part do you want to play in the WCC? mueba.gif

I stopped by the following places today and delivered 100 flyers each for their 914 customers:

PartsHeaven in Hayward, CA
CT Automotive in Campbell, CA
EASYs in Emeryville, CA

I'll check back with each of them every so often to see if they need more flyers.

Jeff
boxstr
Jeff Let me know if you are going to need any door prize type goodies . I can bring CAMP 914 euro lite kits and rear trunk shox kits, also I have a bunch of small diecasts that I can bring.
Also if you need any sponsers and you have a plan let me know about that also.
Hey how about a tech quiz, who can think of a question or two.
CCLINCAMPWCC2004
JeffBowlsby
Thanks Craig...We are definitely looking for that type of stuff.

We are planning a raffle, so we will need meaningful, new 914 items to give away. Sponsors...I need someone to begin contacting sponsors very soon. We wont be soliciting cash donations, just New 914 Parts and generic items useful to 914 owners...car care, gift certificates etc. We can offer BW and COLOR ads in the event brochure and the event website, lavishing amounts of verbal hype at the event...to sponsors...commensurate with the magnitude of their generosity. I would also like to invite all sponsors to attend the event personally if they wish.

We also plan need 50-60 copies of the same type of item for stuffing in the goodie bags for each attendee. Kevin has already offered the club stickers for instance.

Mr. 'NoMoPonyTail' Darling is assembling a killer tech quiz. Its a highly guarded secret committee.

Send anything you have to me please and I will see that it gets coordinated and delivered:

Jeff Bowlsby
3237 Julio Avenue
San Jose, CA 95124
boxstr
Jeff, I will get some CAMP 914 goodies and other stuff readyy to send to you next week. Keep me posted so I know that you get the packages.
If there is anything else I can do long distance, I will be happy to help out.
CCLINCAMPWCC2004
JeffBowlsby
Thanks Craig! You coming to the event with the PNW caravan?
boxstr
Not sure, may fly over from Palm Desert.
CCLINCAMPWCC2004
Jenny
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Mar 12 2004, 04:52 PM)
Jennys been given the secret decoder ring...We can sure use her enthuusiasm. What part do you want to play in the WCC? mueba.gif

You'll have to PM me... jenny@all914 don't work no mo. sad.gif

I don't really have any automotive contacts with exception of you guys (and gals), but anything else I can do, please let me know. Not too much I can offer for the raffle. Offering my two hands and my time. Let me know what I can do to help.

Jen
boxstr
Jeff, John Peterson (vegasracer) and I have decided to bring a few of the limited edition porcelain 914s to WCC for the raffle or whatever purpose you wish to use them for.
We will probably bring them over, rather than ship, unless you must absolutely have these items in hand, advise.
CCLINCAMPWCC2004
ArtechnikA
not that i think it'll provide any immediate, direct results, but i'll have the information at the Hershey Swap Meet....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.