Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best offset for 16 x7 phone dial rims?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
69_Lex
I was wondering what the best offset for phone dial (16x7) rims for a non flared 914 would be. I've read up on offset and backspacing until I've thoroughly confused myself. Doesn't help that I'm working the graveyard shift this week. Just curious as to which offset would be best?
Borderline
I have some Revolution 15 x 7 with 5" back spacing.They are almost perfect. I had to roll the rear fender lips some to get the 205-50-15 A6's to clear. If I could choose, I would go with 5.5. FWIW
jaxdream
You will have to install longer studs (73mm IIRC ) use 21mm spacers and find late offset 944 wheels -52.3mm offset . I had a set of 7 X 15 52.3 mm offset with 215 60 x 15 tires, I setup a trailing arm with 911 hub and 73mm studs, installed the 21mm spacer and the wheel, put an old shock / strut without the spring on, jacked it up to strut bottom out and lowered it till strut bottom out , spun the wheel tire combo didn't touch anywhere on drive's rear , had about a open hand clearence on outter fender and about 1/2 inch inner clearence . You'll have to experiment as all 914's vary as to inside clearence on the rear and from side to side , the fronts will usually have very little problems in running a 7 in wide wheel.

Jaxdream
underthetire
16x7. Think they only come with the large offset. My car 205/50's 1 1/4 rear spacer. 1 front. It's a close fit but i've had no prpblems yet.
jmill
I had a 924S with them. I would think they would be the best fit. I'm not sure about the offset. It's basically a 944 NA without the flares.
69_Lex
Thanks for the responses.
Alex
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.