Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heading for Frankfurt and points south
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gint
Spending the weekend in Frankfurt with friends. Rental Golf already lined up. Traveling down towards Stuttgart and the Porsche Museum sometime during the week. We may hit Austria, France and Luxemburg, probably visit Nurburg (you guys can probably figure out why smile.gif) but no real plans beyond that other than to relax and enjoy the ride.

I'll check in once or twice while I'm there. Otherwise you guys behave yourselves! bye1.gif
race914
Prost! beerchug.gif

Take lots of Pics!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ Aug 27 2009, 08:46 AM) *

Traveling down towards Stuttgart

You'll be going through the black forest. Make sure you take some scenic routes through there.

Hmmmm, Black Forest Cake!
chowtime.gif Andy

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&...qi=&start=0

bandjoey
A little known and never visited museum. On the east side of the F Main airport is the Count Zeplin museum on the highway south towards Stuttgart. It's on most German maps. Happy motoring. Bill
rick 918-S
Lots of photos and look for the Alien... lol-2.gif assimilate.gif
hcdmueller
Stop and see Rothenburg ob der Tauber or Dinkelsbuhl. They are ancient walled cities. Rothenburg is more touristy than Dinkelsbuhl. They are both pretty amazing to see. I am going to drive down to Stuttgart next Sunday or Monday to see the Porsche Museum.
Gint
Thanks for the tips. I'll look 'em up. Went to Heidelberg this afternoon.

Might check out this place as well on the way down. http://www.museumspeyer.de/museum_speyer_english.html

I wish I could get more than 3 hours of sleep a night. Can't get adjusted to the time change at all.
johannes
Speyer museum is excellent. In Stuttgart you have Porsche Museum but also the Mercedes Museum that is a MUST SEE.
If you go to France don't miss the "Musee national de l'automobile" in Mulhouse. It's not far from the german border. It's one of the largest car museum in the world.
http://www.collection-schlumpf.com/en/schl...icture_library/
And by the way I live next to Strasbourg. I always have beer in the fridge for 914 enthousiasts visiting the aeria.
Gint
At one point we were actually considering looping back around from Stuttgart and into France via Strasburg. PM me a phone number and if we end up going through that way I'll call. Maybe we can stop by for a beer!
Ian Stott
Johannes, Where do you live close to Strasbourg? I lived close when I was in Germany, a little village called Ichenheim, on the 36, loved the area and still kicking my ass for not buying a 914 then. Was talked out of it so bought a new Audi instead.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
johannes
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Aug 30 2009, 04:12 AM) *

Johannes, Where do you live close to Strasbourg? I lived close when I was in Germany, a little village called Ichenheim, on the 36, loved the area and still kicking my ass for not buying a 914 then. Was talked out of it so bought a new Audi instead.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

PM sent ! ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.