Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 on Killboy.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mharrison
There is a 914 with GT flares and a 5 lug conversion on Killboy today. Was anybody here riding the Tail of the Dragon in their teener?

http://killboy.blogspot.com/2009/08/widebody-914.html
Ferg
Saw that too! driving.gif

Nice car, whoever owns it.

Ferg
carr914
Nice looking car. Wheels look like bigger diameter - maybe Rota-Fox 17's

Click to view attachment
bigkensteele
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 27 2009, 04:13 PM) *

Click to view attachment

They look like 17s on the rear and 16s on the front. The rear barrel doesn't appear to be a stock Fuchs.

My wife would say that they are 34 inch rims, as I have purposely skewed her sense of proportion for my own personal gain.
Ferg
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Aug 27 2009, 05:21 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 27 2009, 04:13 PM) *

Click to view attachment

They look like 17s on the rear and 16s on the front. The rear barrel doesn't appear to be a stock Fuchs.

My wife would say that they are 34 inch rims, as I have purposely skewed her sense of proportion for my own personal gain.

lol-2.gif
tat2dphreak
LMAO!

av-943.gif
Fast Eddie
That's me. '73 total resto, steel flares, 2056, stock FI. The fronts are restored junk yard fuchs. Lindsey Racing made the 17" rears. That was my first trip to the Dragon. Traffic was very light and zero fuzz. The sport bikes came out of hiding to ride my bumper. They would catch me in the straits but can't hang after the apex. Nice road, I must do it again.
rascobo
QUOTE(Fast Eddie @ Sep 19 2009, 05:24 PM) *

That's me. '73 total resto, steel flares, 2056, stock FI. The fronts are restored junk yard fuchs. Lindsey Racing made the 17" rears. That was my first trip to the Dragon. Traffic was very light and zero fuzz. The sport bikes came out of hiding to ride my bumper. They would catch me in the straits but can't hang after the apex. Nice road, I must do it again.

Verycool! How about posting some more pictures, some details and history would also be great. aktion035.gif
carr914
Fast Eddie welcome.png We definately need more pictures - Nice Looking Car

T.C.
jaxdream
Looks real LOW !!!Very nice ride wub.gif .

welcome.png

Another Tennesseean in action !!! aktion035.gif

Jaxdream
FourBlades

In car video... piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

There are some tail of the dragon DVDs out there but no 914 content. mad.gif

John
Fast Eddie
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Sep 21 2009, 09:40 AM) *

In car video... piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

There are some tail of the dragon DVDs out there but no 914 content. mad.gif

John

The car took me three years. When hurricane Katrina flooded our house it was on jack stands and power train assembly was on my maintenance stand. Lucky me!!! We lost all the furniture but my car made it! It is lowered by adjusters on the 911 front and adjustable coilovers in the rear. All shocks are koni adjustables. Front swaybar is adjustable, rear is deleted. Elephant racing polybronze at both ends. Combined with the Sparco Roadster seats my tush rides 8.75” from the asphalt. I was quite suprized by how much higher those bikes CGs looked in the dragon picks. I roadraced motorcycles a long time ago and my 914 really shocked me. Of course nearly doubling the rear contact patch improved traction, but this light car is quite simply a gocart, what a rush. Every aspect of the cars resto and mods came from you folks and this fantastic site. Critical advice and parts sourcing made possible by Brad Mayer at 914 Limited. Brad has the knowledge and most importantly takes the time needed with his customers, I could not have done this project without his help.
ericread
I love some of the comments on the blog site:

SVEN said...
This ugly thing a Porsche?
don't believe it.
Anyhow Dad's Alfa Spider was much nicer and infected me with the open air virus.
Get a rig and some free time, even the shopping becomes a mini vacation then.

biggrin.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(ericread @ Oct 14 2009, 08:59 PM) *

I love some of the comments on the blog site:

SVEN said...
This ugly thing a Porsche?
don't believe it.
Anyhow Dad's Alfa Spider was much nicer and infected me with the open air virus.
Get a rig and some free time, even the shopping becomes a mini vacation then.

biggrin.gif

He should be shot for the first sentence. ar15.gif Very nice teener though. Love it. welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.