Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 and 911 tool bag discussion......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
So........opinions? popcorn[1].gif
zymurgist
My car didn't come with a tool bag. sad.gif

I can't find my pulley wrench for my 911. sad.gif sad.gif
SLITS
I prefer Crapsman.

"Proper" tool bags are for show and are useless, but they go well with flops and bunny ears.

Admins, please move this thread to the CWeenie Foreskin.

cheer.gif
GreatPumpkin
I agree with slits. I have a book bag style backpack in my car and a rough neck tool bag in greatpumpkins car. they have real tools.

Although, last time I broke the fan belt on the 3.2, I still had to call for a tow because the parts were so damn hot I couldnt get everthing changed on the side of the road.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 28 2009, 05:41 AM) *

I prefer Crapsman.

"Proper" tool bags are for show and are useless, but they go well with flops and bunny ears.

Admins, please move this thread to the CWeenie Foreskin.

cheer.gif

Speaking of "wrinkled bags"........... sheeplove.gif
Cap'n Krusty
The one on the right is more appropriate for your car. The pulley wrench will fit, and you don't need the tool for adjusting the hand brake shoes.

The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
av-943.gif a "TOOL BAG" thread from Z... sorry Mikey, this has to be SOOOO painful for you! av-943.gif

(admins, please move to the "Classics" after it plays out.)
Joe Bob
Dudes.....I'm serious as a heart attack. KMA.gif

I'm doing a CW 70 914/6. I just bought the 911 bag to fill in my gaps. The stuff I don't use goes up for sale.......

I did a 58 A, two years ago....Ray Mital's buddy's old ride. Swore I'd never do it again.....but I lie a lot. But can you say "stoopid old men with money?" Ye of little faith.

Won't be in time for this year's SB PCA Whine and Cheese.....but hey, Pebble Beach? Could you see bunny or Mickey ears, Hawaiian shirt, flip flops, shorts and a 914/6?

Hey, IT COULD HAPPEN........

IPB Image
SLITS
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 28 2009, 08:27 AM) *

The one on the right is more appropriate for your car. The pulley wrench will fit, and you don't need the tool for adjusting the hand brake shoes.

The Cap'n

Ah come on Cap'n .... Mikey uses that tool to pry his head out of his ass. It's an ABSOLUTE necessity in his bag. poke.gif
Joe Bob
The excess goes on eBay, Monday.....last chance for the CWs to get a deal......
IronHillRestorations
Looks like you don't have the "duck bill" flat screwdriver.
FourBlades

To me having the Porsche tool bag and tools is part of the classic car feeling.
Maybe because most cars, especially recent ones do not come with any, whereas,
exotic cars, like Ferraris, always have. It is also like having the original window
sticker and owners manual. Part of the feel of the car if that makes any sense.

Are they actually useful as tools? For some simple things. I was at an autocross
and some dudes flying turtle green 914 was running very rich. All he had was
the original tool set. We used the spark plug wrench and removed and cleaned
the plugs. He was able to complete the autocross and took top time of the day.
OK, top time of the day for 914s and he had the only 914.

John
Porsche Rescue
The tool bag spark plug socket is the best tool available for r/r plugs on air cooled Porsches. Try it if you haven't. It is the right length, no need for extensions and you don't ever leave a socket or a plug in the hole.
gms
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Aug 30 2009, 11:08 AM) *

The tool bag spark plug socket is the best tool available for r/r plugs on air cooled Porsches. Try it if you haven't. It is the right length, no need for extensions and you don't ever leave a socket or a plug in the hole.

I agree, I have an extra one in my toolbox
Joe Bob
Yep...the spark plug wrench is THE shit....which is why I started this thread.

The ONE red driver is -/+r eversible which I've never seen.

Since the two original drivers seeem to garner the most bucks and are mostly obtanium.....the extra tools will be sold off to pay for THAT crack habit.... slap.gif
r_towle
you are scary...

Did you cut off the MPS bracket?

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.