Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center Consol Lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914four
No luck with the search function about this and I just have a quick question. Are the center console gauge lights supposed to dim when you dim the dash lights?
Dave_Darling
I think they do in 73s, I know they do not in 74s. I assume that the 75-76 is the same as the 74 in this respect.

--DD
Larry.Hubby
Dave is correct. According to the wiring diagram in the factory repair manual, the console lights are supposed to dim, along with the instrument lights in the dash, in the '73, but not the later, cars. Of course, these wiring diagrams also show that the headlights aren't supposed to pop up until the headlight switch is pulled out to the second notch on the '70-'72 cars, and, as those of with these early cars can attest, they pop up at the first notch, not the second.
orange914
sorry for the high jack, but

i'll be adding console lights on my 73' soon. can anyone tell me if i should i take power from the light switch and the color wire to grab?

now back to your regularly schedualed program beerchug.gif
gasman
You should have all the connections to add the console right there in the harness by the heat lever. Go to the Pelican Tech section and they have what the wire codes for each gauge are and the lights for the gauges.......
lotus_65
my '74 doesn't, but i wouldn't want the oil pressure or cht gauges to be out of sight...
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

This is a small Hyjack !!!

I added LED bulbs to all my interior lights, console and dash, great

improvement in brightness! Dave slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.