Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L21E Tangerine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Has anyone found matching color codes in rattle can paint? I want to try it before I paint the entire car and color charts and internet pictures just dont' cut my eyes. Thanks Bill
kconway
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 29 2009, 07:25 PM) *

Has anyone found matching color codes in rattle can paint? I want to try it before I paint the entire car and color charts and internet pictures just dont' cut my eyes. Thanks Bill

Good autopaint shop will be able to look up the formula from the color code and put it in a rattlecan. My supplier charges $28/can sad.gif .
McMark
What, exactly, are you attempting to achieve? I only ask, because if you're looking for something with respect to color matching, then you might be on the wrong path.
bandjoey
Mark, the car was originally Signal Orange with a very poor paint over of Copper. I want to repaint the car and twisted between Tangerine and Sunflower Yellow. OK Quit laughing. I know Yellow is a much Faster car! I've seen the yellow in person, but never the tangerine. I want to paint some test color on the trunk lid at home to really see the color. The paint store rattle can is a good idea too. Thanks PS. Whoever these cars are..thanks for the inspiration. Bill
bandjoey
In PepBoys today and they had on the shelf a 1 stage epoxy rattle can - black only - for $6. Anyone tried this yet??
Mikey914
Any good paint shop can do this. I do this for touch up on my railings. I use Delstar. The only problem is you need to do a Qt, and it's enought to do 6 cans so it adds up. It usually cost me about $25 a can. I don't think I'ld paint a car this way.
Al Meredith
Contact Tower Paint , P.O.Box 2345 in Oshkosh, WI 54903-2345 Call at 920-234-6520. Thay made me 6 cans of "Olympic Blue" for $78.70 and UPS of $12.70. It matches exactly and I also had them make me "Gulf Orange" Porsche color #019
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.