Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb Sync And Tach ?Q's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
1. Dellortos 34's on my 1.8. Set up the sync on 3 of the 4 carb throats to perfect #5 on the syncometer. The 4th I can't get below #6. They were set to the Dellorto book standards before installation so they were all "identical" settings when starting. Suggestions? confused24.gif
2. Using a Sunpro CP7676 engine analyzer. The Tachemeter reads about 800 RPM higher than the visual on the car tach. I think the Sunpro should be more accurate. Right or Wrong. Does the tach on the car go out of wack and read wrong? Is there a way to test the tach and/or adjustment the reading? huh.gif Bill
jmill
I don't know diddly about Dellortos. The Weber has air bypasses. If the Dellorto has them make sure it's closed on the high barrel. You might also have a vacuum leak on the carb with barrels flowing 2 different readings. Check for a leak on the one that flows 5. The 6 side will be tight.

If thats not it are they new carbs? If not you can check the butterflies with a feeler gauge. Make sure that the high flowing barrel isn't due to a tweaked shaft or butterfly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.