Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found Some Pre-Restoric Pictures - Dad's Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
We went from PC to iMac and I spent yesterday transferring > 8,000 pictures over 6 years mainly of the kids. I found some pictures of my Dad's car before it went into get body and paint work, which is nearing completion.

For anyone who doesn't know the story, my Dad bought it in 1976 from a VAFB used car lot (when I was 6 years old) and used it for picking me up Saturdays in it. I loved it as a kid, and it didn't take long for me to get the 914 "bug". It embodies special times and a close relationship with my Dad, when I massively needed both as a kid. I drove it briefly in the late 80's in High School, but it had intermittent starting and stalling problems that I couldn't afford to fix myself. It sat undriven on a Nipomo farm until 1997 when my Dad passed away. In the last 12 years, it hasn't seen much action mainly due to work, a massive oil leak which bellowed huge amounts of oil smoke anytime it was driven, and other Porsche programs. While some may connect me with other cars that I've had, this is THE 914, THE Porsche, and THE dream which everything I've done has been there to support. And now, I'm focused on passing the dream on with good times and family support as MY daughter turns 6 years old in a few months.

A 2056 and LSD tranny is ready to bolt in and it will get some suspension upgrades before it goes into DDD (daily driver duty) hopefully by Christmas.

Sorry for the long story, but I'm getting excited to have it come home!
tat2dphreak
great story man! I can hardly wait to see the finished product! smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
Ummmm... Pssssssst Rob... That's not your house. Get out of there before the people come out and find you messing with that 914!!! sad.gif

Seriously, great project. Great story. biggrin.gif
McMark
We went from PC to iMac

smilie_pokal.gif Welcome to the sanity.

Looking forward to seeing it on the road as well. I'll race ya to see who gets driving first!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 30 2009, 10:02 AM) *

We went from PC to iMac

smilie_pokal.gif Welcome to the sanity.

Looking forward to seeing it on the road as well. I'll race ya to see who gets driving first!

MAC??? sad.gif lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.