Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Saturn Yellow '74 2.0, $6000
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
LeNoah
Finally have to admit I don't have the time or space to do what needs to be done so I'm reluctantly selling my 1974 2.0. I looked at a lot of cars to find one I thought was a good restoration candidate. This car could easily be a great daily driver or made concours if someone was inclined to do so. It is original Saturn Yellow and has had at least a partial respray at one time. The body has its share of typical parking lot dings and had a fender bender on the right front. Not too bad and I have acquired the parts to make the repairs including a straight bumper, valance, bumper top and new fog lights, even a new front fender if needed. Also have fog light grilles that are in great shape. What attracted me to the car in the first place is that it is a California car with minimal rust and very good body gaps. Also the car has the original D-jet FI.

The interior is in surprisingly good condition altho the seat bolsters have some tears. The dash pad is perfect as near as I can tell. Previous owner garaged the car and always covered the dash when parked outside.

Previous owner had put a new muffler on about a year ago and replaced the starter and fuel tank in '07. Also a nice Blaupunct stereo.

Since I bought the car I have put on NEW Falken tires, NEW vacuum lines, New fuel lines, points, plugs, plug wires, fresh oil & filter change. NEW motor AND transmission mounts. I have replaced both door handles. Also replaced the radio antenna and windsheild wipers. Near as I can tell it has about 170,000 miles but the odo is broken so not sure although it seems close by following the records that came with the car.

I have several spares for the car including NEW clutch cable, NEW accelerator cable, NEW inner and outer door seals and probably a bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now.

The car tracks smooth, straight and true and cruises at 80+ with no drama at all. Brakes work well (even the emergency brake), transmission shifts well even down shifts into first while moving if you don't rush it. Right now it needs to be timed and have the valves adjusted. I don't have the time or equipment to do it here and can't seem to find a good 914 mechanic close by.

Asking $6000. Located in Irvine, CA. Come have a look.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Gint
Reformatted and fixed some of your broken image tags. Good luck with the sale. Nice looking 914.
LeNoah
Much better. Thanks for the help!!
LeNoah
Also includes the owners manual, Haynes manual, some add'l 914 books and reciepts/records that were there when I bought the car.
zymurgist
Nice! You should see some of the crap that sells for high dollars on the east coast.
LeNoah
The deal also includes an old, but useable, car cover that came with the car when I bought it. Also a new TPS circuit board.

Come have a look and drive her home. This is a great car for a daily driver or concours candidate.
LeNoah
Looks like she's sold. sad.gif Wifes not happy about it and I wish I could have kept it but just don't have the time or space.
steveherman
QUOTE(LeNoah @ Oct 11 2009, 01:06 AM) *

Looks like she's sold. sad.gif Wifes not happy about it and I wish I could have kept it but just don't have the time or space.

i am so excited.
i cant wait to get her.
what shall i name her?
bcheney
Congrats Steve. I am in Orlando. Would love to see the car when it makes here.

Brian
steveherman
QUOTE(bcheney @ Oct 11 2009, 11:15 AM) *

Congrats Steve. I am in Orlando. Would love to see the car when it makes here.

Brian

ugh!!!
i am horrible when it comes to patience!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.