Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
I want to drive this to work every day. I would trade my 914 for it. biggrin.gif

its on ebay right now, but its the wrong color sad.gif

oh yeah i dont have the funds either. chair.gif

but i can dream smile.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Porsch...#ht_25297wt_958
carr914
I was with you until I saw the Salmon interior, it looks like Eric Shea's been driving it. wacko.gif

T.C.
zymurgist
I was talking to a guy at Corvettes at Carlisle today. He bought his dad's red 2008 Z06 for an unbelievably low price (I wonder if dad would adopt me?). Dad got tired of driving it around town, because every kid at every traffic light would rev his engine and want to race.

All I'm saying is, be careful what you wish for. biggrin.gif
bigkensteele
Yes, I would trade my 914 for it. Then I would promptly sell it, buy another 914 that has already been converted to a six and put the rest away for my kids' college funds. I don't really like the C-GT.
degreeoff
and a kidney.....
VaccaRabite
I would not kick it out of bed for eating crackers. But it also really is not my thing. In the new car Porsche range, I'd rather have a worked over Cayman.

Zach
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 30 2009, 07:15 PM) *

I would not kick it out of bed for eating crackers. But it also really is not my thing. In the new car Porsche range, I'd rather have a worked over Cayman.

Zach

I am right there with you. A couple of years ago, one of the local dealerships rented out a regional airport for a day and invited a few PCA members to come out and drive new cars on the runways/taxi-ways which made up a 1+ mile triangle. I got a ride in some guy's Ferrari F599 GTB (at 155mph), which was pretty amazing. I also got to drive a Cayman S. Got it to about 110, and I must say that I love that car. I have never been a real Boxster fan, but I love the Cayman. They got everything right with that car except offering it as a targa ;-)
dw914er
id keep my 914

now, someone else's, then maybe wink.gif
PeeGreen 914
I'd pass on that one but maybe not this one biggrin.gif
balljoint
I would totally pose for a picture in my "beater" and "gitch" in front of one of those.
turboman808
Nope I am keeping my 914 for life. Wanted one since I was 4 years old. Can't sell your childhood dream.

But if the planets align properly I think I will get one of these in 2010.

IPB Image

tat2dphreak
ok, I love the car... but I could NEVER have a car like that... I'm not responsible enough behind the wheel, and I'd probably kill someone for scratching it... I'd be too paranoid to park it anywhere... gimme a car like the caymen, boxter, M3, rx-8/7 or elise... or hell even a miata... a car you can drive and not feel like you would cry if a bug hit the windshield. that car is more $$ than my house. screwy.gif

that said, I'd like free range on a track with it for a few minutes... I'd spend a little cash on that, fo shizzle
championgt1
Flat black please!

Click to view attachment

tracks914
I'd trade my 914 for one of these....at least until the warranty was up!
tat2dphreak
nah, that's another I'd just need a few minutes with that too smile.gif
ConeDodger
Having ridden in one, I can say that I would easily trade my 914 for it. The sound of that engine is like crack cocaine. Once you hear it behind you, you are hooked. I can only imagine what it would be like to be the one making that engine make that sound... biggrin.gif Of course you can't drive it anywhere... That sucks.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Aug 31 2009, 08:22 AM) *

She's got that "I don't understand what is going on but everyone seems to like me" look...
Elliot Cannon
I wish I could afford a Carrera GT. I don't particularly want one. I just wish I could afford one. Actually, I can afford to buy one but then I'd have to live in it. lol-2.gif
Zundfolge
I'm with bigkensteele... couldn't afford to insure it or pay the taxes on it so I'd have to liquidate it quickly.

But then I could buy a top of the line 914/6 conversion and pay my house off.

Of course at this point, I'd rather have 390 Krugerrands instead tongue.gif
Cupomeat
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Aug 31 2009, 12:22 PM) *

WHAT? She comes with a Warrenty???

Damn, where can I get one?

(isn't this the lovely Megan Fox? grouphug.gif )

As for a Carrera GT, it reminds me of a lesson I learned when I started to buy a house. SURE, I might be able to stretch to get a more expensive house, but I couldn't afford the upkeep. AND, and perhaps more importantly,

Whatever you buy, really owns you.
JRust
I want both! Can't afford either one though dry.gif
charliew
To me the new tech high performance cars are overwelming. I would surely die in one. I would like to drive every one made to see what they are like but I really like building my on stuff. It takes a very well engineeded car to be a really nice ride at 180 or so I think and I don't know where I could drive anything at that speed. Even in TX. 150 covers a lot of ground real quick. I remember in the 60's 130 seemed to be the average fast top speed of our muscle cars and we tried them out at least once a week. For me when a car gets over 70k I loose interest anyway unless it's 70k in just parts.
McMark
Nah, I'll keep my 914.
6freak
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Aug 31 2009, 09:21 AM) *

Flat black please!

Click to view attachment

DITTO JACK.......AS far as Megan Fox ...just one ride would be ok
dlestep
...let's see, Megan or the GT?....I could put my face in one and my foot in the other. Both would get me off in 2.9 seconds. I'd like to ride both of them, maybe at the same time. Which one requires the least amount of maintenance? ...I'd f**k the GT...it doesn't get crow's feet and saggy tities. Besides, the GT doesn't operate without a brain.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Aug 31 2009, 08:22 AM) *

I am pretty sure that this one would eventually cost you far more than a C-GT, before the warranty is even up. Then the expiring warranty would bankrupt you completely, and you would find that the pool boy is the new title-holder.

Just saying...
tracks914
You guys got it all wrong, ride Meagan for a while, marry her, let her have the pool boy, divorce her, get good alimony and then bye the GT with her money.
As Poo would say, think think think....
sww914
I'd trade my 914 for Megan Fox!
bigkensteele
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Aug 31 2009, 06:41 PM) *

You guys got it all wrong, ride Meagan for a while, marry her, let her have the pool boy, divorce her, get good alimony and then bye the GT with her money.
As Poo would say, think think think....

I think that you're on to something. I heard a rumor the other day that Meagan Fox has a thing for slightly overweight, middle-aged guys who like to spend their evenings on internet sites discussing underrated sportscars that are older than her. Hell, I bet she is lurking here right now! Be right back - I am going to go change into something nicer...

slap.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
This is what it would take to give up my 914......
bigkensteele
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 31 2009, 07:00 PM) *

Did you see the one at the Ault Park Concourse? The owner was a really nice guy from Lexington. He didn't tell me how much the restoration cost, but he did tell me that it nearly cost him a divorce. The 904 is a really tough car to restore due to the construction - fiberglass laid over unprotected steel longs = bad. Looking at the car in person, I would have felt cramped in it, and I am only 5'8". The owner was probably 6'1", so I doubt he drives it much.
EdwardBlume
I wouldn't give up my 914. Period.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 31 2009, 01:04 PM) *

Nah, I'll keep my 914.

agree.gif Come on now... Would you trade MY 914 for that "Back to the Future" wannabe?
aircooledtechguy
I would trade my 914 for one of those, sure.

I'd drive it a couple times, then sell it and with the $$$ I made on the sale I would buy my 914 back, buy a small fleet of other cars I have always wanted and have a garage built that's large enough to house them all. With the left over money I buy a Powerball Lotto ticket and wait for the numbers to be drawn. . . biggrin.gif
gothspeed
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Aug 31 2009, 09:21 AM) *

Flat black please!

Click to view attachment

The CGT is just a 'big boxster' ............. the flat black one looks great ....... but I would trade either of those for a 997 GT2 ...... shades.gif

megan fox is good ...... stoya is better ............. both would be best ........ w00t.gif
tat2dphreak
megan fox is good ...... stoya is better ............. both would be best ........ w00t.gif

agree.gif

but I'll be man enough to admit I couldn't handle both... but stoya?! wub.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Aug 31 2009, 07:18 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 31 2009, 07:00 PM) *

Did you see the one at the Ault Park Concourse? The owner was a really nice guy from Lexington. He didn't tell me how much the restoration cost, but he did tell me that it nearly cost him a divorce. The 904 is a really tough car to restore due to the construction - fiberglass laid over unprotected steel longs = bad. Looking at the car in person, I would have felt cramped in it, and I am only 5'8". The owner was probably 6'1", so I doubt he drives it much.

Yes, that car is really nice. I believe it also picked up an award previously at Amelia Island.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.