Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pressure Tester
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
saigon71
Looking for a fuel pressure tester. I don't need top of the line, just something that will work on a factory D-jet FI system. Harbor Freight has one reasonably priced but it specifically mentions that it is not for Bosch FI. I would prefer not to get jacked for over $100 from AA to make sure my fuel pressure is correct. Anybody bought one recently that gets the job done? Thanks. Bob
zymurgist
I built one with a length of FI hose and a water pressure gauge from Home Depot. Cheap and effective.
gasman
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 30 2009, 04:50 PM) *

I built one with a length of FI hose and a water pressure gauge from Home Depot. Cheap and effective.

I bought a tee and added a valve from Jegs. Also bought a plug for the small valve. I leave it in the long fuel line connecting the fuel rails. Bought a cheap PSI gauge from harbor freight and a brake line to connect the gauge to the valve. All I have to do is remove the plug...install the gauge abd turn on the valve.....I have used it a few times...adjusting the fuel pressure etc
SLITS
SW manifold pressure guage (0 - 30 psi) and length of hose to tap into the fuel rail. You don't need anything else.
orange914
i got a inline (3/8" i think) tee and gauge from summit. less than $50. it is installed inline on the presure side between the injectors.
Al Meredith
I bought one a FLAPS (Autozone I think) came with a "T" fitting and cost about $15. I'm running carbs and only pump about 2 lbs, anything more and I'm not sure I would trust it.
underthetire
i got the harbor freight set for 7.99. All you need is the gauge and a piece of hose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.