Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The September Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

That's right Sacramento peeps! We are taking this show on the road! Saturday, September 19th we will be gathering at Family Donuts and Deli and after a donut and some coffee we will be cruising up the South approach to Lake Tahoe to spend the day at Cool September Days in South Lake Tahoe. Street Rods everywhere! Music, food, cars, strippers. OOOOooops! blink.gif Ok, no strippers.

Sound off if you want to go! And no, your damned Porsche doesn't have to run. We can double up in cars or you can drive your momma's minivan dry.gif The view from your car will look something like this...
Ian Stott
If I leave now I can make it!!, is there a prize for person who travels the farthest ??(small plastic trophy made in China perhaps) Have to be back in time for Dr.Evil coming to Canada though, you have no idea how excited we are about that and yes we are going to keep him as we have a Dr. shortage up here! I envy the road trips you guys get to make. I am trying to get some interest here where I live which is dominated by Camaro's and Mustangs and other muscle cars. Looks like a blast and you all have a great time, I always enjoy seeing the pictures you take.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Sep 1 2009, 05:47 PM) *

If I leave now I can make it!!, is there a prize for person who travels the farthest ??(small plastic trophy made in China perhaps) Have to be back in time for Dr.Evil coming to Canada though, you have no idea how excited we are about that and yes we are going to keep him as we have a Dr. shortage up here! I envy the road trips you guys get to make. I am trying to get some interest here where I live which is dominated by Camaro's and Mustangs and other muscle cars. Looks like a blast and you all have a great time, I always enjoy seeing the pictures you take.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Thanks Ian,
When we invade Canada we will spare you and your family biggrin.gif I don't take all the pictures though. I find many of them on the internet. Just jazzing up the posts! If you come down for the drive we will come up with a little trophy for you. Perhaps I could send you home with Jenny my wife's friend. She is filipina and looks just like her. Whenever the two of them are out together there is trouble and hearts get broken so I would love to get her out of the country. She can be your longest distance trophy. What do you think??? biggrin.gif
NORD
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Pictures Please

I live 9 miles South of the Canada Border, Is that far enough away?

That would be a very nice farthest travel award, don't hide the truth

whats wrong with her? driving.gif

NORD
ConeDodger
QUOTE(NORD @ Sep 1 2009, 09:30 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Pictures Please

I live 9 miles South of the Canada Border, Is that far enough away?

That would be a very nice farthest travel award, don't hide the truth

whats wrong with her? driving.gif

NORD

Trust me. drooley.gif Not a thing... You have to promise to keep her though. shades.gif Just like Yopu but shorter hair...
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Who is in? Road trip to Tahoe on the 19th. Scouting the WCR location and meeting up with the Cool September Days Crew. This should be fun!
biosurfer1
I'm hoping to make it.... I don't have a running 914 at this time, but it would still be fun to go.
Ian Stott
What a gorgeous woman! My wife is a red head with the temper to go with and would probably have her beheaded or something British like that! You guys have a great day and we will make sure Dr.Evil gets to see the pics from the hospital we are going to employ him in, his contract is close to signing, he is holding out for a snowmobile and unlimited lobster.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Rand
I love that green car! I've been wanting to see Bontempi fenders all the way around on a street car. That's a great example, and I love the combo with the early bumpers and nice-fitting front air dam.
smilie_pokal.gif
Rand
You won't be far from Reno... If any of you come out this side of the lake you should check out the Reno Air Races, at least on Sunday...

http://www.airrace.org
ConeDodger

So far it is Paul, me, and maybe Brett who can ride with me or Paul by the way... Come on guys! Street Rods at the Lake and a chance to see our 2010 venue! Let's go!!!
ConeDodger

Road trip! Road trip! Road trip! It looks like the PCA Sac Valley Autocross rep will be joining us with his girlfriend. He owns several Porsches as does she so who knows what they might drive...
jcd914
I am considering it, any guess on driving time? idea.gif
Is the idea to meet at Family Doughnuts and caravan up?

Jim
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Sep 4 2009, 11:30 AM) *

Jim

That is the plan Jim... If "we" have a running 914 do you want to drive it? As I said, I don't want to do long drives, just events...
jcd914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 4 2009, 03:43 PM) *

Jim

That is the plan Jim... If "we" have a running 914 do you want to drive it? As I said, I don't want to do long drives, just events...

That would be fun driving.gif

I have a lot going on right now so I'm not sure I have the time but I am definitely considering it.

Do you have all the tools we will need for Sunday?

Jim

ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Sep 4 2009, 04:41 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 4 2009, 03:43 PM) *

Jim

That would be fun driving.gif

I have a lot going on right now so I'm not sure I have the time but I am definitely considering it.

Do you have all the tools we will need for Sunday?

Jim

I suspect I do... I have better tools than McMark he just knows how to use them blink.gif
ConeDodger

Let's take this show on the road! The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is taking a little trip - up the hill to Tahoe! We are going to go to the Cool September Days celebration in South Lake and see our WCR 2010 partners in action... Who's up for a drive?
ConeDodger

What could be better? A nice fall day, a trip up the hill and around those curves. Ahh... driving.gif See you the 19th for a road trip to Tahoe!!!
ConeDodger

What do you know? I may be able to drive a 914 to the Lake!!! Put a loaner motor in yesterday. For now it is taking up space in there but I should be able to fire it by Wednesday night.
jcd914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 7 2009, 07:56 AM) *

What do you know? I may be able to drive a 914 to the Lake!!! Put a loaner motor in yesterday. For now it is taking up space in there but I should be able to fire it by Wednesday night.

Rob,
I dug out my 2.0L air cleaner and the "Laguna" muffler.

Click to view attachment

Also came across the custom velocity stack K&N air cleaner.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I can probably come by Wednesday evening for a little while.

Jim

ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Sep 7 2009, 07:13 PM) *

Rob,
I dug out my 2.0L air cleaner and the "Laguna" muffler.

Click to view attachment

Also came across the custom velocity stack K&N air cleaner.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I can probably come by Wednesday evening for a little while.

Jim

Cool Jim! I will be hooking things up all day so it should be close...
ConeDodger

Is everybody ready to rumble??? Let's go to Tahoe and spend the day eyeballing street rods!
Justinp71
I might be down, I love road trips. I have to get a new muffler though, I blew a hole in mine last week when I went to the track...
biosurfer1
again?
Justinp71
Last time it was the header, this time its the actual muffler. I guess old exhaust cant hang on the track... I do have another spare muffler if all else fails.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Sep 8 2009, 10:38 AM) *

Last time it was the header, this time its the actual muffler. I guess old exhaust cant hang on the track... I do have another spare muffler if all else fails.

JBWeld should do it! lol-2.gif Glad to hear you're on board Justin!
ConeDodger

So you think you can drive??? prove it! About 80 miles of curves await you at the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion September Road Trip! What'cha got? driving-girl.gif driving.gif
ConeDodger

Only a week and a day or so until the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Road Trip! Got your car together? Ready to go? We meet at the donut shop at 9am and after a donut and some coffee we are on the road at 9:30 pr so... Hope to see you there! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

A week and a day and we are on our way!

A donut at 9 and we're off for the day!

We'll go to the lake where cars are on display.

Should be quite the day and you don't even have to pay!

Ok... So I can't rap! av-943.gif
ConeDodger

Down to a week before the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Road Trip! Tahoe awaits! Check with your travel agent (wife) and see if you can arrange to meet us at 0900 at the donut shop for a drive up the Highway 50 approach to the Lake. We will spend the day enjoying the street rods at the Cool September Days event and brainstorming for WCR 2010. Then you can either continue around the Lake or come back down the 50 side... Creative guys will bring their travel agent (wife) and spend the night... That will score you big points biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Make plans to come up the hill with us to see the Horizon and sample the hospitality of the Cool September Days car show. See what and where WCR 2010 will be like. Saturday 0900 - donut and coffee while we gather and then up the hill we go!
ConeDodger

Counting down the days until we climb the hill! Counting today, only five and a wake up... See you Saturday morning at 0900 at the donut shop. Have gas and topped off oil and be ready to drive... Shine it up 'cause pictures will be taken.
ConeDodger

Just a few days left before the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Road Trip to Tahoe! Don't worry about Porsche on Jackstand Syndrome. We will have extra seats... See you Saturday!
ConeDodger

Just a couple days left until we climb the hill and see the Cool September Days Show that we are cuddling up to next year!
underthetire
Sure wish I had my overheating problem solved. I'd love to go.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(underthetire @ Sep 16 2009, 09:22 AM) *

Sure wish I had my overheating problem solved. I'd love to go.

Just show up. We will have extra seats. I am going in a 911 and will be alone as far as I know now...
ConeDodger

Camera? Check. Gas in car? Check. Clothes laid out? Check. See you at the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Road Trip. Saturday September 19th at 0900 leaving from Family Donuts and Deli at Fair Oaks Blvd and San Juan Avenue! Drive to Tahoe! See the street rods! Have fun with the guys!
ConeDodger

Ok! The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion is tomorrow! Road trip to Tahoe! Paul is back from U-Rope and he will meet us in Cameron Park. This will be fun and we will take lots of pictures to post here on 914World.Com

See you in the morning! 9am at Family Donuts and Deli at the corner of Fair Oaks Blvd. and San Juan Avenue. Once we have assembled we will take off from there at about 0930. If anyone needs more time, PM me or call if you have my number. biggrin.gif
MrGST

Wow, great looking car! Do you have any other pix?

IPB Image
ConeDodger
That picture was sent to me by Al Wiedman. He is the brother of Harvey of Wiedman Wheels in Oroville CA. Judging from the symbol in the bottom right corner it came from an ebay ad??? No, I don't believe I have any other pics...
Not my choice of wheels but great looking car for sure...
jcd914
Hey Rob,
If you still have a seat open in your Carrera I'll go along for the ride.
All that other stuff I have to do can wait.

Jim

ConeDodger

Holy crap! The Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion Road Trip is today!!! I have to get ready!!! biggrin.gif

See you at the donut shop... Jim gets Carrera shotgun! Hope Mary doesn't give us stinkeye!!! sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.