Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Dads getting into Renaults
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Pretty snazzy huh? Renault Caravel. He's gotten into the Renaults lately and purchased a Gordini and a Dauphine.

I think it's pretty cool, its a hardtop/soft-top, so the roof comes off, and I think it looks alot better that way.

IPB Image
zymurgist
Neat! My dad used to have a Dauphine, back before he met my mom. He still had the owner's manual though.
GeorgeRud
At least try to get him into a Renault 5 Turbo! Otherwise, watch him start wearing berets and eating Brie Cheese. Try to stop him before he gets into Alliance collecting!
veltror
My Dad also had a Dauphine, he think sit is the second worst car he ever had the misfortune to buy. On an unrelated or maybe related note I was in Paris last month and stopped at a a cafe called le dauphine, out of all the places to eat in Paris I chose the one with the worst food, it was total bollocks.
johannes
Nice car. Caravelles and Florides are rare, even in France.
These convertibles are based on the Dauphine.
Drums66
I had an R-8 64' at one time ,very sloppy shifting
drove like a bath tub.......but got unreal petrol
milage! shades.gif popcorn[1].gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Must get, must get, must get, must get.... drooley.gif
zymurgist
wub.gif
RiqueMar
Alpine???

I actually did know that the Dauphine and Caravel share a body style.

Yeah, he bought 2 Dauphines, a Gordini and Caravel. I like the Caravel the most when the hard top is off. The plan is to restore the Gordini as it is the race version, and hot rod out the Dauphine.

0 to 60 in 39 seconds! w00t!
johannes
Renault 8 Gordini in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcWwW4MfL5Y
zymurgist
Cool video. thumb3d.gif

It's amazing to see the Renault 8 Gordini on those skinny tires! Although the ample rubber under the R5 turbo broke loose on several occasions...
VaccaRabite
I LOVE those little super boxy euro sedans fromt eh late 60s and 70s.

Zach
JJ914GT
Must get, must get, must get, must get....

Agree, agree, agree ;-) Love those superstars from Normandy!
RiqueMar
QUOTE(JJ914GT @ Sep 3 2009, 07:29 AM) *

Must get, must get, must get, must get....

Agree, agree, agree ;-) Love those superstars from Normandy!

It's funny that you posted that video, because my Dad has a picture of that same car and that is sort of the direction he wants to go in, especially in regards to the additional 2 light cutouts in the hood.

Porcharu
Wow have you priced an R% turbo! R5 on ebay
FourBlades

Rique,

Even though it is non Porsche I think we would all like to see the Renault build
threads.

Your 914 is really looking good. You are moving very fast, nice work.

John
Drums66
thank you !

Johannes.....you just brought back some
fond memories.......... smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.