Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Collector Car Insurance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ellisor3
I have been shopping collector car insurance and it seems every company has a catch in their coverage, usually the limit on how much they will cover (agreed value) so I thought I would ask the group:

1.) Who do you have?
2.) What is your agreed value on the car?
3.) What are you paying, only if you want to share?
4.) Have you ever had a claim?
5.) How did they respond?
Rand
There have been some threads on this, you mind find some decent info via search:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...r+Car+Insurance

Check the one that mentions Hagerty in the topic for a good example.
number6
I have coverage from Hagerty on the /6, at a stated value of $27K, for an unmodified car, paying $230/yr premium. Easy to apply, friendly service, got my policy put in effect the same day. I like that they don't have an annual mileage cap, though they do require that you only use the car for pleasure driving (at least that was the policy I chose). Proof of primary/main-use car required. No claims to date, so I don't have experience there.
zymurgist
I have Grundy classic car insurance on both of my cars ('77 Corvette / '70 911), each covered at $19K. Current premium is $567/year.

They don't have any mileage restrictions, but these are pleasure use only vehicles. Never had a claim (knock wood).
tod914
I'm useing American collectors. $274 a year. 5,000 miles allowed each year. Stated value of $35K. They also give you health insurance if your in an accident which I why I went with them over some others. 3 different packages you can choose from. Has a towing plan and spare parts. USAA uses them for their collector ins. No claims.
VaccaRabite
I'm also using American Collectors. Stated value of $14K

No claim yet, but as it is a USAA affiliate, I would expect NO problems.

Zach
tat2dphreak
I use Hagerty 15k agreed value. the agents will wor out with you how many miles you want, too if that is your concern. I think I have 10k miles/ year
degreeoff
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Sep 3 2009, 07:08 PM) *

I use Hagerty 15k agreed value. the agents will wor out with you how many miles you want, too if that is your concern. I think I have 10k miles/ year

Me too....30k @ 350ish...
TravisNeff
Grundy 10k agreed for 175 year, no mileage restrictions but pleasure use only.
carreraguy
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 3 2009, 08:05 PM) *

I'm also using American Collectors. Stated value of $14K

No claim yet, but as it is a USAA affiliate, I would expect NO problems.

Zach

I'm a USAA member too. I was on American Collectors but USAA also uses American Modern to which I shifted recently. I like them better since I have a lower rate for the same coverage on both the 911 and the 914.
7TPorsh
I just got a quote from Heacock Classic for $106/yr...$12k value. Anyone heard of them? pleasure use up to 10k miles.
914werke
The LE is with Hagerty at $25K I think, and RIGHT NOW Im contemplating whether or not to file a claim sad.gif Post
pktzygt
I use American Modern. Stated value $8,000 which put me just under the minimum payment. So I pay $100/year. I had the same exact specs on my last 914 which I totalled. They let my pick my body shop and the same day the shop gave me an estimate, American Modern told me the car was totalled. I had a check for $8,000 within 3 days.

I'm completely satisfied and would recommend but hope to never need to talk to them again other than upping the value of my car.
Jaybird
Have Hagerty with a stated value of $25,000 and $300k liability for $248 a year. This is for a 74 2.0 (Ferg's old car). No claim experience (as it is mostly sitting under a cover in a climate contrlled garage). They seem to be great. And, they produce a great magazine. Jay
jjbunn
Hagerty with $7k agreed value, pleasure only, no mileage limit, $124/year.
ghuff
200$ a year 15k agreed value hagerty policy.

It sits on jackstands
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.