Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: guage bulbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nvrupnvrin
I'm sure this has been covered before, but...

One of the bulbs from the guage cluster fell out. How do I remove the guage cluster so that I can replace it?

Also, LED's or no LED's? We purchased them, but I think I remember a thread that stated they kept blowing the fuses.

Thanks in advance
jimkelly
6 screws hold the cluster to the dash - 4 on face and 2 under lip - then just pull away.

jim
zymurgist
I haven't actually done this on a 914... but on my 911, the gauges are retained by rubber rings. You can pull just the offending gauge out from the front... it's just an interference fit.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Do as Jim said ,it.s easy. I have them in every thing I can get them for ,

dash ,console. L.E.D.'s are brighter and draw less current. To me it's a no brainer.

One drawback is they can't be dimed. they just burn brighter.

BTW when you do the directionals get right on the right side and the same for the

left. As me how i know that tidbit. You will love them, console is 10 times easer

to read at night. Dave slap.gif
ahdoman
That was me that replaced my bulbs with the LED's and had one short out. I tried to search for my thread but couldn't find it (search hasn't been working for me very good lately). The basic problem is that the older steel type bulb holders are too large to hold the LED's securly. So I had to crimp the holders slightly so that the LED's would lock in place. I agree with Dave, I love them. They are brighter but not too bright.

BTW - Don't replace your alternator bulb. It can't be a LED because that light operates on a changing voltage.
nvrupnvrin
Thank you everyone for your help.

jt914-6
I'm using a LED for my alt. light. Am having no issues with it. Charging 13-14.5 volts.
underthetire
I use LED to. Work great. Turnsignals indictors didnt work with them though,

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/sto...roduct=755#BA7s
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.