Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tailpipe Fire.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fiid
Some bright spark decided it would be fun to hold a blowtorch behind the tailpipe of the 914 to ignite any unburnt fuel in the exhaust flow. The results were pretty awesome; and caused much revelry.

Video link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/68144590@N00/3885957057/

BTW: We hold weekly wrenching sessions at my house in San Francisco - usually on Tuesday nights; if you're local and want to attend; there's a Yahoo group called BernalDads that you're welcome to join; which is where the event is announced.

Ferg
Hold my beer, watch this lol-2.gif
Ferg
Hey Fiid,

is dis you idea.gif aktion035.gif

http://jalopnik.com/5352726/san-francisco-...yle-hill-flying
MartyYeoman
You look to be having entirely too much fun with that car of yours!!

PS, Whose idea was that anyway?
fiid
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Sep 4 2009, 01:01 PM) *

You look to be having entirely too much fun with that car of yours!!

PS, Whose idea was that anyway?

I shouldn't name names, but it rhymes with Beff Shmeyzer
biggrin.gif

He of course (being a grown up) immediately decided it was a stupid idea, whilst simultaneously everyone else decided it was the best idea in the world ever.
fiid
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 4 2009, 12:33 PM) *

I have been known to get air in SF. Gough street works quite well. The last time I did the resulting landing broke a wine bottle in the trunk. Doh! It is quite funny seeing the spare swimming in a sea of Merlot, but also a bit of a shame to waste wine.

The first comment in that Jalopnik thread is also a pretty good tale biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Hey Stranger!

That Jeff, I knew he was a tail gunner poke.gif
Rod
Now get a spark plug mounted in your exhaust and a switch on the dash to scare cars behind you.. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.