Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear SS Baided Brake Hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
I bought a braided stainless brake hose kit from Dave (RIP) @ GPR and I'm in the process of installing them. Fronts ('89 911) went on without issue, but have a dilema with the rears. I recall describing to Dave my set up, and as always, he knew what I needed.

The photo (starting at the top) shows what looks to be a brake hose to fit a standard 914 front with a bulkhead fitting with a slot for a retaining clip at each end. This hose I got from my 914 buddy as a left-over for comparison. The second hose is the one that I got in the GPR kit as a rear hose. As you can see, the bulkhead has a slot for a retaining clip on one end, and what to me looks like a 911 type end on the other (uses that 911 retaining spring clippy thing). The bottom hose came off my car which the PO installed 30 years ago. It has a bulkead fitting with the slot and adapts the bubble flare hard line to a -4AN. The hose is a -4 and there's another -4 bulkhead to bubble flare adapter used on the other end.

The top hose has the bulkheads like I need for the retaining clips to fit the rear, though it's about 2 1/2" too long. So the question: Is there a way to make the GPR supplied hose work on my rear, or am I simply better off just buying the proper set of rear hoses with slots for the clips?

Thanks,

Andys

dlee6204
The PO of my car had the same issue. They used a washer on one side and a clip (I don't know what it is called, see pic) on the other. It held the line in place fairly well. I changed my brake lines tonight to the correct style so I still have the clips if you want them.

Click to view attachment
dlee6204
Here is another angle for you. The pics show the lines on the front but it should work for the rear as well.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.