Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Question about wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I have a pair of 15x7 phone dial rims. They're in good shape, no tires on them. I believe they have a 928 part number, but not sure off of the top of my head.

I've tried to sell these things, and no one even nibbles. I'd trade them or take almost next to nothing (like $30 total) just to be rid of them, with no response.

They're not bad rims. I know the phone dials aren't all that popular, but for what I am asking, it am amazed no one wants these.

Should I be looking at selling them for scrap metal? What could even expect to get for them?

I'd hate to toss them, but I am at a loss of what to do with them otherwise and I want them gone.

I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!
SirAndy
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Sep 5 2009, 11:52 AM) *

I'm open to suggestions.

Put 'em on eBay.

Up here, we have a few places that make a living parting out (Porsche) cars.
They're usually happy to take stuff like that off your hands ...
shades.gif Andy
tat2dphreak
I'm biting, they are my favorite porsche rim... I must have missed them at that cheap...

what kind of spacer would they need to run under stock fenders? I haven't gone 5 lug yet, but I'd be willing to take them into the attic if they are 914 usable, and, as they say, the price is right... pm me or email me pics at wafry1975 at gmail dot com

I'm sure shipping would be a bitch, but I wouldn't be in a hurry, so we can figure out something.

underthetire
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Sep 5 2009, 01:24 PM) *

I'm biting, they are my favorite porsche rim... I must have missed them at that cheap...

what kind of spacer would they need to run under stock fenders? I haven't gone 5 lug yet, but I'd be willing to take them into the attic if they are 914 usable, and, as they say, the price is right... pm me or email me pics at wafry1975 at gmail dot com

I'm sure shipping would be a bitch, but I wouldn't be in a hurry, so we can figure out something.

That depends on what offset they are. My 16" with the 928 part number needed 1 1/4 all the way around.
Bruce Hinds
I was told that 15 x 6 and 15 x 7 phone dials were standard on the 911SC, the 16" Fuchs were an option that most every car came with.
If they are the 911 and not the 944 or 928 wheels they'll fit the 914 with out spacers on the narrow body. You'll be limited to about a 205 tire though on the rear unless you roll the lips.
B
underthetire
My understanding is it's actually pre87? somewhere aound there the offset changed for the antilock/larger brakes. At least on the 944's. pelican has part numbers with offsets.
KaptKaos
I'll check them. This wasn't a for sale ad really, just me expressing my confusion about being unable to unload these things cheaply enough.

They were on a narrow bodied car, with 4-to-5 lug adapters and 1/4 spacers, so I assume they are the 928 early offset.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.