Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Original 914-6 60K miles $8000
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
RichHawk
Thanks to all who helped me in figuring out my 914-6. Especially Peter who drive up from Chicago to crawl around it and give me some good pointers.

Link to my other Thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=98969

I've come up with a number: $8000

This is for a 1970 nearly all original 914-6 with 60K original miles. Numbers match, Clean title signed by the former owner, awaiting your name to be written in. The car was last registered in 1984.

It's got some rust, the passenger side long is rusted through, and the rear trunk has cancer on the back by the taillights, but most of the car is sound. The hell hole / Battery tray are in decent condition, behind the driver seat is in good condition, the floors and the front suspension mounts are in good condition.

The interior is in good shape, no rodent damage, no rips or tears. The seats are a bit sun faded, but intact. The dash is all original down the the Porsche AM FM radio. no tears or cracks on the dash.

Complete down to Spare tire and toolkit. I've posted a couple pics here and have the remaining pics uploaded to Zenfolio at the following link:

http://harmonygirl.zenfolio.com/p274859328

I have just gotten the car home, and have a solid $7000 offer already. smile.gif

Email me at rschnorenberg@gmail.com

Thanks,
Richard
JazonJJordan
idea.gif I am interested. PM sent.
QUOTE(RichHawk @ Sep 7 2009, 12:09 AM) *

Thanks to all who helped me in figuring out my 914-6. Especially Peter who drive up from Chicago to crawl around it and give me some good pointers.

Link to my other Thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=98969

I've come up with a number: $8000

This is for a 1970 nearly all original 914-6 with 60K original miles. Numbers match, Clean title signed by the former owner, awaiting your name to be written in. The car was last registered in 1984.

It's got some rust, the passenger side long is rusted through, and the rear trunk has cancer on the back by the taillights, but most of the car is sound. The hell hole / Battery tray are in decent condition, behind the driver seat is in good condition, the floors and the front suspension mounts are in good condition.

The interior is in good shape, no rodent damage, no rips or tears. The seats are a bit sun faded, but intact. The dash is all original down the the Porsche AM FM radio. no tears or cracks on the dash.

Complete down to Spare tire and toolkit. I've posted a couple pics here and have the remaining pics uploaded to Zenfolio at the following link:

http://harmonygirl.zenfolio.com/p274859328

I have just gotten the car home, and have a solid $7000 offer already. smile.gif

Email me at rschnorenberg@gmail.com

Thanks,
Richard
ChicagoPete
I did go and take a look at Rich's car. Now I am admittedly not the one to go to for assessing the value of this car. Mind you I did not spend hours on this car as it was already on the truck.

Positives:

If the COA checks out, and I don't see why it would not, this is a complete #'s matching 914/6. Everything is there, or mostly there. Bumpers intact, but, dented. Rear 914/6 metal valance there, but, bent. Metal rockers, there but, also need work.

The interior is in very nice condition, albeit a little faded, but overall nice. I didn't notice any tears in the dash either. But, didn't go over it with a fine tooth comb. We did pull the driver's seat forward and the pan was in good shape behind the driver. Didn't go thru the trouble of pulling the passenger's seat.

The motor was complete, from external visuals everything was intact and not modified at all. Sheet metal all there in good shape.

Surprisingly, the battery box seemed to be all together. Certainly not falling off like you might see on some cars.

Downside:
This car will need work, and like Rich has already described, nowhere near being a driver.

As the pictures show there are quite few dents in a few of the panels, surface rust on those, no major rot there.

Rear trunk pan rotted thru in the extreme rear.

I did not see the front trunk personally, but, Rich has pictures.

I did notice that at least the passengers side heat exchanger was gone. Headers there, but, the box was completely gone. I didn't notice the drivers side.

The passengers side longitudinal is going to need work or replacement. The jack tube was completely gone and at least one serious hole on the bottom of the longitudinal.

Additionally there was some serious body rot just above the the jack tube.

I did also notice, as Rich showed me, this car ran with snow tires on it. Which speaks for itself. Someone else mentioned the Wisconsin winters and salt. Makes sense here.

Is it salvageable?? Certainly. If you are like some of these guys on the board, say, like the work I have seen T.C. for instance doing on his cars, it is certainly doable.

I think you would get way too deep paying someone to resurrect this car.

But the best point is, it is all there! Sir_Andy has his bare shell for $5000. A few years back I was surprised to see this non #'s matching 914/6 go for $15K on eBay. Link to the thread I started on RoadGlue.

http://www.roadglue.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77

This car for sure falls somewhere in there.

Peter

RichHawk
SALE PENDING!!
(when the sale goes through, I'll post an update)
jmill
Heck Pete, if I would have known you were going I would have showed up too. Rich called me the morning he picked it up. I said I could help him out if he needed it. He said he had it covered and to go back to sleep. I did. I'm kicking myself for not going now. It would have been cool to meet a semi local teener.

8k is a decent price if all the 6 goodies are there. As far as the lotto ticket goes Rich, split it with a buddy since one out of 2 was good. biggrin.gif
carr914
QUOTE(RichHawk @ Sep 7 2009, 06:50 PM) *

SALE PENDING!!
(when the sale goes through, I'll post an update)

Richard, Congrats on the quick sale and glad we could help. Make sure the new owner knows about us and keeps us updated on it's progress.

Sorry, you won't have a reason to keep hanging around, you seem like a good guy. Come back later after you fix your 911 and buy another Teener.

all the best,
T.C.
tat2dphreak
JJ - did you get the car?! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.