Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GERMAN AUTOFEST, October 3-4, 2009!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
I was on the phone with the GAF organizers this morning, and they've already sold over 75% of the swap meet spaces. Looks like they've gotten the event back up to speed. Cap'n Krusty, Lyn, and the other assorted characters usually seen in our FOUR giant fun filled spaces are already gearing up for it, and hope to see a LOT of you there! Your continued participation will keep this annual event happening and growing ................... Help me clean out the shop, too!

The Cap'n
carreraguy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 8 2009, 01:56 PM) *

I was on the phone with the GAF organizers this morning, and they've already sold over 75% of the swap meet spaces. Looks like they've gotten the event back up to speed. Cap'n Krusty, Lyn, and the other assorted characters usually seen in our FOUR giant fun filled spaces are already gearing up for it, and hope to see a LOT of you there! Your continued participation will keep this annual event happening and growing ................... Help me clean out the shop, too!

The Cap'n

Any word/rumors re: how the rest of the event is shaping up (i.e. other than the swap meet)? The last few I've been to were very disappointing in that respect.
Later,
markb
We're planning on being there Sat & Sun. Hangin' withThe Cap'n at the Swap on Sun. Come by & say "Hi".
computers4kids
I'm coming, hopefully with my 914--That is if I get it put back together.
ahdoman
We should get a good turnout from the Santa Clarita crew. I'm going to HSR West on Saturday and then driving out Saturday night for the swap and festivities on Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again!

BTW - Anybody know about any discount rates at the local hotels?
markb
icon_bump.gif This hoping for an answer to the hotels question.
Gint
Can't believe none of you guys put a link in this thread yet. Slackers... laugh.gif

http://www.germanautofest.com/
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 11 2009, 11:57 PM) *

icon_bump.gif This hoping for an answer to the hotels question.

Rate at the Crown Plaza is $129; you have to CALL the reservation number and tell them the name of the event. I called and got that rate. The beach front lounge is the best and there is a pool. Service there is always excellent.

The Vagabond, is about 3 short blocks away and has the lowest prices.
jim_hoyland
GAF is a good place to sell a car. Computers4kids sold this car is a few hours....
jim_hoyland
Looking west from the Crown Plaza toward the fair grounds. If you make a reservation, request a room on the WEST side; you can keep an eye on your car, plus the sunsets are great. There's a 1/4 dirt track to the west of the fairgrounds, they race Friday nights. Lot's of fun if you don't mind getting hit by mud.

Picture of pier; just a few steps from the Crown Plaza, Bar and Restaraunt at pier is pretty cool
Cap'n Krusty
Three weeks ..........................

The Cap'n
jim_hoyland
Seen this 9146 GT at GAF back in 2005..nice. The entire history of the car and ownership was in a binder. Originally white body
jim_hoyland
Always see this well known figure at GAF .. smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Joe Sharp's 6 at GAF ; Joe and Meng Foong. Meng is one of two 914 owners in Singapore
jim_hoyland
2007 Peoples Choice 9146 winner. Orange Couny car, upgraded at Patrick Motosports.
jim_hoyland
Jim Patrick 6 from 2007...
markb
They're out of the special rate reserved rooms, normal rate of $179.00 per night is all they have. sad.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 15 2009, 06:05 PM) *

They're out of the special rate reserved rooms, normal rate of $179.00 per night is all they have. sad.gif

I would recommend contacting the Ventura Crown Plaza directly and ask if they can add rooms at the event price. They are very accomodative-from past experience.
gary gartner

I plan on getting out there Sunday a.m driving.gif

just wondering, Mr. Hoyland, you on the Marketing staff for Crown Plaza now???? smoke.gif lol-2.gif
markb
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 16 2009, 05:11 AM) *

QUOTE(markb @ Sep 15 2009, 06:05 PM) *

I would recommend contacting the Ventura Crown Plaza directly and ask if they can add rooms at the event price. They are very accomodative-from past experience.

I did that. They wouldn't add.
jim_hoyland
Couple of more pics from 2008:

Richard's ravena green 914/4;

Purple car was a vendors, ??

Martins GT replica

Robs green 914/6

jim_hoyland
Forgot the name, but this 550 replica is one of the best ones done and has plenty of hp....
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 15 2009, 04:31 PM) *

Seen this 9146 GT at GAF back in 2005..nice. The entire history of the car and ownership was in a binder. Originally white body

He is a professor from Gilroy CA. The car originally belonged to his brother. I have his card on the Roledex on my desk. Original factory GT kit I believe...
jim_hoyland
2006 Peoples Choice 914 Winner, also featured in excellence
jim_hoyland
Joe Sharp's Beauty: note the wine and cheese in front trunk.
jim_hoyland
Got Light ? A regular Sunday's at the swap meet
Cap'n Krusty
Less than TWO WEEKS remain before the biggest So Cal Porsche event of the year. Are you ready for it? The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
'Bout a week now. Come mingle with all the So Cal teener enthusiasts and share the craziness. If you're looking for something in particular, let me know. If I have it, I'll bring it for you.

The Cap'n
dw914er
I'll be ohai/santa barbera that weekend for a gig at velvet jones in sb

so i might be there smile.gif

computers4kids
Which motel is everyone staying? Anyone want to share a room...I'm open to what motel. I've stayed at the Crown and the Vagabond. Crown is nice, but the parking absolutely sucks. Vagabond is your typical "motel 6" type.
Cap'n Krusty
Anybody up for dinner Saturday night?

The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
FIVE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!
ahdoman
The website is pretty useless to try and figure anything out so I called and spoke with the event organizer. Here's the breakdown...
1) There is a "concourse" event for Saturday. The forms and details for that are on the website. I think there are several 914 owners showing on the grass.
2) General admission is $12 per single day. If you drive your Porsche you can enter on the West end (just like last year) and park on the grass or on the black top adjacent to the swap meet area. If you drive a non-P car you have to park in the regular parking out front of the gates.
3) The swap meet is on Sunday. It starts at 10am. There is an "earlybird" pass that you can buy for $20. This gets you in at 9am before the general public.

Unless your a "Wine N' Cheeser" I think Sunday is the best. Not only are most of the cars still there but you'll get to visit all your old friends "swapping" for dollars. And it's just $12 dollars!

BTW - there was a "special" rate at the Crown Plaza; it's gone.
Cap'n Krusty
A couple of comments:

"Concours" is spelled without an "e', and is pronounced "con-koor".

The swap meet starts at 0700 for "early birds", 20 bucks at the gate, and for everyone else at 0800, 12 bucks at the gate. Sellers are admitted at 0600. This information is lifted directly from the flyer.

The Cap'n, always happy to be of assistance .....................
race914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 16 2009, 12:01 PM) *

Couple of more pics from 2008:

Richard's ravena green 914/4;

Purple car was a vendors, ??

Martins GT replica

Robs green 914/6

Purple car is Jeff Hollander from Paso Robles, CA...

Here's what that car used to look like in its Sunoco livery before it's "make over"

IPB Image

ahdoman
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 29 2009, 03:53 PM) *

A couple of comments:

"Concours" is spelled without an "e', and is pronounced "con-koor".

The swap meet starts at 0700 for "early birds", 20 bucks at the gate, and for everyone else at 0800, 12 bucks at the gate. Sellers are admitted at 0600. This information is lifted directly from the flyer.

The Cap'n, always happy to be of assistance .....................

Thanks for the spell check captain. If the swap starts at 8am then the guys in charge ought to be telling their employees that. It says nothing on the website about that and the guy on the phone told me 10am. I was not high enough on the list to get the flyer. Sorry for the miscommunication.
Cap'n Krusty
ARE YOU READY!?

The Cap'n
markb
Haven't even begun. sad.gif
Work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, dern boss is a slavedriver. happy11.gif
computers4kids
I'll be there all day SAT and SUN AM driving.gif ...looking forward to seeing anyone who decides to hang with the tail draggers and such. beerchug.gif
Cap'n Krusty
WE'RE LOADIN' THE VAN.
The Cap'n
markb
I got the new chrome bumpers on the car, and got it washed & cleaned. Gotta pack first thing in the morning, and I'm on the road. smile.gif
I'll be bringing my lock stuff if anybody needs to have locks re-keyed bring them. $5.00 per lock, which I've been told is a good price.
I'm not planning on working this weekend (sorry Jonathan and John), so I hope to hang out with my fellow 914ers and just enjoy. drunk.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(markb @ Oct 2 2009, 09:21 PM) *

I got the new chrome bumpers on the car, and got it washed & cleaned. Gotta pack first thing in the morning, and I'm on the road. smile.gif
I'll be bringing my lock stuff if anybody needs to have locks re-keyed bring them. $5.00 per lock, which I've been told is a good price.
I'm not planning on working this weekend (sorry Jonathan and John), so I hope to hang out with my fellow 914ers and just enjoy. drunk.gif

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif driving.gif
Cap'n Krusty
You'll be bored, Mark, but that's OK .............. Relaxing's a good thing.

The Cap'n
Went to the show today/Sunday,Where were all the cars/people,It was like a ghost town,Was Sat.Any better ???
It started vacating around noon. The wind was a big factor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.