Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DVD "THE PORSCHE WAY" ( Group buy )
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes

UPDATE ! 10/03 RECEIVED THE DVD's see last message-------------------------

UPDATE ! 9/28 ORDERS ARE CLOSED ----------------------------------------------

You can't order any DVD. list of paiement received is bellow

Michael N
SGB
BKLA
Gustl
Vacca Rabite
ThinAir
Jasfsmith
Number6

UPDATE ! SHIPPING SOON -----------------------------------------------------------------

DVD is only available in PAL and region free. That means you can watch it on your computer, but if you want to watch it in your living room, your TV and DVD player must be able to play PAL Video standard. As I already loose money on this deal, I won't be able to refund.

If you are still in for this deal, please send me:
45 Dollars all included if shipped to the USA (or outside Euroland).
30 Euros all included if shipped inside Europe.

Send me a PM if you want to know my paypal adress.

WHILE PROCESSING WITH PAYPAL, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS AND TELL ME YOUR FORUM PSEUDO IN THE COMMENTS.

If you have no Paypal account and want to pay with credit card, send me a PM, I will send you a Paypal invoice

ORIGINAL MESSAGE -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stephenaki, who lives in Stuttgart is going to buy a few DVD's for me.
I calculated shipping, enveloppe, Euro to Dollar conversion, Paypal fee ...
The DVD is:
45 Dollars all included if shipped to the USA or outside Euroland.
30 Euros all included if shipped to Europe.

If you are interrested, please send me a PM

More about the DVD

IPB Image

Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, is proudly presenting its history ‘in motion‘: In a 2 ½-film ‘The Porsche Way‘, the Company presents its entire history from the early years up to the present day on one full-coverage DVD. Starting with the lifetime achievements of Ferdinand and Ferry Porsche, the film focuses in eight chapters on the development of the famous sports car manufacturer, proceeding from one decade to the next. ‘This is the first time that a car maker is presented so exhaustively on a DVD’, says Dieter Landenberger, the Director of the Porsche Archives.

The DVD is based on the Archives Collection with more than 5,000 hours of footage. Taking most impressive scenes from the history of the Company, the products and motorsport, the DVD presents numerous film extracts never seen before. Several outstanding celebrities of former times also make an appearance in the film, among them former racing drivers such as Hans Herrmann, Eberhard Mahle, and Paul Ernst Strähle as well as former employees of Porsche such as the ‘Engine King‘ Hans Mezger or Dr. Heinz Rabe, formerly the Director of the Porsche Social Affairs Department. As a further highlight, the film comes with music composed specifically for this DVD.

“The Porsche Way“ from the Porsche Museum Edition is now available in German and English at the Porsche Museum Shop

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtRR9kmcCB4
SGB
PM sent. smile.gif
JFJ914
PM sent.
DNHunt
That Trailer is really cool but, will we be able to chose English or is it all in German?

Dave
tat2dphreak
That Trailer is really cool but, will we be able to chose English or is it all in German?

good question... agree.gif
VaccaRabite
I want two copies if it is in English.
johannes
The press release says: Available in English and German. On the DVD cover it's written in both languages. I presume you can switch language in the DVD menu.
BKLA
chowtime.gif mueba.gif
Michael N
Just watched the trailer again and am excited for this to work out. The quality of the production looks awesome from the trailer and I am excited to see the entire video.
johannes
Hi,

Just got the informations about the DVD.

!!!! ----- SEE UPDATE ON THE FIRST MESSAGE --- !!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------
johannes
Stil time to order ...
johannes
Last chance ... Order will close tonight.
number6
QUOTE(BKLA @ Sep 10 2009, 03:25 PM) *

chowtime.gif mueba.gif

Yeah, what Brett said!

PM sent.
johannes
Hi

I have some good new for you. I met Stephenaki today and he gave me the DVD's he bought at the Porsche museum. We spent an hour speaking about our 914 (I brought mine) and about his engine reconstruction. Stefen is the third american member of this forum I actually met and all were very friendly people.
Let's speak about the DVD.
This is a very nice object. It's a four folders box containing two DVD's. One in German, one in English. I already watched the 2:30 hours film and it is very interresting. Lot's of images I had never seen. The film is divided in chapters, one for each decade.
The 914 is featured in the seventies. Not forgotten, but as you can expect there is little shown. In my opinion, the most interresting chapter is the "early days" story and the interviews. I am going to watch it again now...
I will send the DVD on monday.

Here is the picture of the box

SGB
Did you underestimate the cost if shipping? Do we need to supplement the payment? I'm excited. smile.gif
johannes
Due to stupid money conversion I had to pay more fees to Paypal as expected. Fortunately I sold a few downloads on my music page http://johannes.fr and recovered my losses ...

BTW just watched the DVD again ...
number6
QUOTE(johannes @ Oct 3 2009, 03:03 PM) *

Due to stupid money conversion I had to pay more fees to Paypal as expected. Fortunately I sold a few downloads on my music page http://johannes.fr and recovered my losses ...

BTW just watched the DVD again ...

Johannes, please let me know the difference to send, and I will PayPal. No way should you bear a loss!

And thanks for sharing your music link - I like! Will be ordering CD smile.gif

Thanks again for everything.
johannes
There is no way YOU are paying fo MY mistakes...

VaccaRabite
I got mine today, and am watching it now.

Thanks Johannes!
Gustl
got mine on Friday and watched it immediately - absolutely cool aktion035.gif
johannes
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 17 2009, 05:57 PM) *

I got mine today, and am watching it now.

Thanks Johannes!

That was faster than I expected...
BKLA
Thanks for doing this! I can't wait for my copy!!!!

Are you sure we can't pitch in for the conversion factor? Maybe we should all buy a t-shirt!!! smile.gif
SGB
I got mine! Wheeeee! Now I have to find a computer that has sound.

"Maybe we should all buy a t-shirt!!! smile.gif "

Good idea...
Jasfsmith
Excellent production! Well worth the $$$. Thank you Johannes for the effort in providing a means to obtaining this DVD.
BKLA
Got mine tonight. locked myself in my home office! Watched "the Seventies"... lots on 914 stuff, not too much 914 racing though...

Well worth the money!!!!!

Johannes is my hero this month!!!!!!
Michael N
Mine came in the mail earlier today. I was looking through the mail and told my wife it would ok for her to tell me when stuff like this comes in. I can't wait to watch.

Thanks Johannes! beerchug.gif
JazonJJordan
Aww..Rats! Sorry I missed this cool buy... confused24.gif
number6
Just got mine. Can't wait to watch! Thanks, Johannes!! beerchug.gif
BKLA
Loved everything except for the last chapter.

Sad.. the future looked so bright in 2005...

Wiedeking's quote in the "future" chapter seems just arrogant now that VW has controlling interest... so much for the porsche way....

I am interested to see where porsche is a year from now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.