Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to badge a WRX motored car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fiid
Should it be a total sleeper, or should it just have a hint? My car is probably going to look a lot like Andy's except orange and with stock but fibreglass bumpers!

This should be a fun thread!
Rusty
WRX motor... you need a type-R sticker.

lol2.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
jonwatts
I voted for no stinking badges. However, I have noticed that Subarus have separate chrome letters on the back that could be used somewhere. Engine grill? Glove box? Forehead?
tat2dphreak
maybe use the subaru symbol(or the WRX badge) on the engine lid, other than that: "we don't need no steenking badges!"

I would not put ANY of the standard 914 emblems (2.0, vw-porsche, 9-1-4) on ANY conversion car... but that's just my .02
need4speed
I vote for the Type-R sticker.

I had put a 912 engine in my Ghia a couple of years ago. Along with that, I found a 912 badge, and toyed with the idea of installing it on the decklid. After I switched back to stock power, I was glad I didn't install that badge.

Just a thought - would a WRX-powered 914 spank an actual WRX on the track? I assume it would, just due to the weight distribution. . . is that right?
Scott Carlberg
914vWRX I guess that's more like a License plate huh?

Fiid,
any plans to hook up the AWD equipment from the WRX too??
airsix
914-1.7

I prefer to leave the competition in a state of confused dissapointment.

-Ben M.
airsix
QUOTE(need4speed @ Mar 11 2004, 10:00 AM)
Just a thought - would a WRX-powered 914 spank an actual WRX on the track? I assume it would, just due to the weight distribution. . . is that right?

The Portland Impreza club has in-car video of highly modified WRX track sessions at PIR. In these videos the WRX's blow away most of the 911's on the straights, but can't stick with them in the corners. We all know how 914's match up against 911's handling-wise, so I think the potential of a WRX-powered 914 is huge.

-Ben M.
SLITS
Uhhhhh, a reflector that says "Rice and Bratwurst"? wacko.gif
lagunero
SLEEPER!
Steve Thacker
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 11 2004, 02:29 PM)
Uhhhhh, a reflector that says "Rice and Bratwurst"? wacko.gif

Now that is funny!
I like it...I like it! if not for its humorous slapstik display.

Seriously no badging,...sleeeeeper. Spank that ass laugh.gif
Brett W
Just go with 2.0 badging. Maybe put a DOHC decal on it somewhere.

I am seriously thinking about doing this conversion. What an awesome street motor. Plenty of support and aftermarket experience. Water cooling is excellent for a high power turbo street motor. No reason why a well modded stock motor can't make 300-350 with the right bolt ons. You could then kick the shit out of everyone. No change in weight distribution, just a huge boost in power and reliablity.
RocknRollFrenzy
QUOTE(need4speed @ Mar 11 2004, 10:00 AM)

a wrx also outweighs a 914 by a little more than a thousand pounds. no contest. unless you're talking totally gutted race cars.
jonwatts
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Mar 11 2004, 10:13 AM)
Fiid,

How would you do that on a mid-engine chassis?

Answer: you couldn't

Now you could perhaps put all the running gear from a WRX under a Ghia or 911 chassis. Hey, stoopider ideas have been proposed, many by me personally.
Mueller
a wrx also outweighs a 914 by a little more than a thousand pounds. no contest. unless you're talking totally gutted race cars

he said "WRX-powered 914" smile.gif

i'd say no badges or just a 2.0 with a small understated turbo
decal
nebreitling
2.0t or

2.0 turbo

let 'em think it's a type4....
RocknRollFrenzy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 11 2004, 11:33 AM)
a wrx also outweighs a 914 by a little more than a thousand pounds. no contest. unless you're talking totally gutted race cars

he said "WRX-powered 914" smile.gif

i'd say no badges or just a 2.0 with a small understated turbo
decal

exactly. i can't imagine that the wrx engine by itself is enough to get a 914 to match the 3200 pound a stock wrx weighs. the 914 will be WAY faster.
ChrisReale
I say go stealth ph34r.gif
theol00
r/r for rice rocket
fiid
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Mar 11 2004, 11:16 AM)
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Mar 11 2004, 10:13 AM)
Fiid,

How would you do that on a mid-engine chassis?

Answer: you couldn't

Now you could perhaps put all the running gear from a WRX under a Ghia or 911 chassis. Hey, stoopider ideas have been proposed, many by me personally.

Yes, but you'd need to reverse the direction of the engine, or flip 2 of the 3 diffs.

Or change the ghia/911 to rear wheel steering and flip the seats and controls around (funny).
fiid
I was also thinking about ways to play on the fact that both Germany and Japan were on the other side during the second world war. I don't know what would be cool, mostly non-offensive, and funny though.

"Rice and Bratwurst" just about made me fall of my chair. Good work. LOL laugh.gif
jonwatts
Custom license plate:
scotty
"Porscharu"
MRM4418
just keep the stock badges or go stealth, let the only clue be your shit eatin' grin happy11.gif
Joe Bob
Small vinyl script on the back that says

BITE ME
airsix
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 11 2004, 06:14 PM)
Small vinyl script on the back that says

BITE ME

Or "Kiss my wastegate" blink.gif
jonwatts
Heil Fuji

(anyone get that?)
nebreitling
Evil Axis
rdracrdave
I went to a tech session at a Porsche/ Audi/subaru dealer many years ago and one of the Subaru techs said that Subaru stands for;

Some
Unknown
Bastards
Are
Reaming
Us

I think he was refering to how little the techs were paid fo warranty work.

I vote for no badge , Just tire smoke.

Dave
GWN7
Just the stock badges it came with.....why have a sleeper and advertise? Might as well put big vinal decals down the side.......and a tall wing on the back. laugh.gif
eresener
I voted no badges...then thought 914/ESD

Eat Shit and Die.....
Scott S
"kia"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.