Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB or Trade: Fuel tank return line nipple
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ConeDodger
I am going back to fuel injection. I had previously had Dellortos on my 2270 and will now be going to ITB and aftermarket SDS injection.

Because I can'f find my return line nipple that I saved for just this occasion, I have to tap on you guys. Got one? Going to carbs and want a modified one in trade? The one I have on the tank is brazed and epoxied to seal it so you can use the single feed to the carbs without a return. Need one?
914Sixer
How many do you want? Send me your address and I will send you one. Do you need the nut also? Small nipple correct?
jcd914
Rob,
I have some at the house, I can bring one by.
Is your tank and early or late tank?

Jim
ConeDodger
Mark,
Jim lives 8 blocks away and I am actually putting his motor into my car. Thanks for the offer, but I will have to go with convenience over speed this time.

Jim, I don't know. I need the return which is the smaller of the two. I didn't know there was a difference on the bottom of the tank.

By the way, an update: I ran into two obstacles. One, I was bleeding brakes and Nicho had to leave with Shirley. Two, I cannot hook up the tank yet. I have to get the nipple and some fuel line. I also want to bleed the brakes before putting that tank back in to make sure I don't have a line leak in the front. I have a new, solid steering coupler that goes in while the tank is out as well.
What I do have done is this: Everything except the throttle cable is hooked up. I need a barrel bolt or something to hook up the throttle cable. It turns over and you can hear the fuel pump dry pumping...
914Sixer
Okay. If you need something else let me know. I am starting to clean out 25 yrs worth of parts. My wife seem to think we need to move in the next year.
jcd914
Rob,
I just got home.
I have some barrel nuts just not sure where they are.
I'll look around and give you a call.

Jim

PS: I think all the return line fittings are the same. The feed line on an early tank is larger diameter that late tanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.